Bankable is growing and investing in our Technology team and as such are now looking to hire a Technical Lead.
Bankable is an award-winning fintech company that displaces payment and banking inefficiencies worldwide since 2010. We have recently announced a strategic partnership with Visa, allowing us to accelerate our expansion in Europe, North America and the Middle East.
Bankable can power any product or service which involves collecting funds, storing funds and paying funds irrespective of the currency and the payment methods used. Our real-time crossborder digital and payment solutions are used by global corporates and banks such as ABN Amro, Emirates and Airbus as well as scale-ups such as Glovo and Spendesk.
Everyone at Bankable is encouraged to take initiative and has the flexibility to grow and shape their careers based on ambitions and interests.
Technology wins and projects
The technology team has added significant business value to our platform by implementing solutions for Faster Payments (GBP fast payments), SEPA (EUR based payments) and 3D Secure (on-line security checks for payments). The team have also integrated with major on-line banks to provide on-line bank accounts to our consumers.
The technology team have changed the way we do things significantly over the last year. We have migrated our builds on to , implementing CI/CD. Have moved our application monitoring onto a cloud based ELK provider. We have also built a real-time payment notifications solution on GCP.
Our goals of porting our whole stack on to the cloud are also being actively worked on. This requires a significant amount of architectural change.
Tasks and Responsibilities
You will be the lead technologist in your team. Whilst a large partition of your day will be filled with coding new features on the platform, you will also be coaching and mentoring other team members.
You will promote best practices in terms of engineering on the platform and will be a technology evangelist and ensure your teams design and implementation is in line with the company’s architecture guidelines.
You will be asked to research and come up with solutions that simple, highly scalable, reliable and repeatable design patterns,
Produce high quality documentation on the proposed architectural solutions and promote them across the company.
Ultimately is responsible for the solution delivered to our clients.
A solid foundation and working knowledge of:
• Strong technical solution design skills
• Expert coder in Java and other languages
• Expert in software design
• Expert in distributed systems
• Expert in building API based services, RESTFUL and SOA
• Expert at building high through-put systems
• Strong Linux (or Unix, BSD) skills
• Strong knowledge of testing and test frameworks such as BDD and/or Unit Testing
• Strong SQL knowledge include PL/SQL
• Strong knowledge of how to design and execute effective functional tests
• Strong understanding of source control software
• Good UML skills and other architecture and design documentation
• Actively engage in tracking and reducing technical debt
• Fluent in English
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Coach and mentor engineers
• Relish being in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Logical / methodical trouble-shooter/investigator, creative problem solver
• Enthusiastic/interested in technology in general (“technologist”)
• Understands the importance in delivering high quality solutions
• Takes ownership of the solutions your team develop
• Support of Business and Delivery functions by acting as a Technology partner.
• You offer your opinion and respectfully reason with people. Once a direction has been agreed you commit to it.
Nice to have (not essential)
• A major European language other than English
• Background in the payment industry – ideally card transaction processing and/or Faster Payments/SEPA or FX background
• Background in building virtual ledger management systems
• Cloud Services - any experience working with Cloud
• Working on microservice based architectures
• Security such as Kerberos/SSO/OAuth
• Postgresql – query optimisation and advanced PL/SQL
• Work at a fun, fast-paced FinTech based in Europe’s largest technology accelerator Level39 (Canary Wharf, London). In addition to awesome views of London, our office offers unlimited coffee brewed by a slick Nespresso machine, fresh fruit for breakfast and freshly baked cookies every day at 3pm!
• Competitive salary
• A collaborative work environment where you are encouraged to take the initiative
• You will have the flexibility to grow and shape your career within Bankable, based on your interests and ambitions
Job has now expired