Opportunity Awaits at Altus Group!
Reporting to the Head of Business Analysts, we are adding a Technical Business Analyst (BA) to our team in London. This is an opportunity for someone with the business acumen and communication skills to analyze needs and the technical skills to design innovative solutions to complex problems. From detailing the vision to creatively eliciting ideas; from validating requirements to architecting the solution, you will develop - and apply - a deep understanding of client and industry requirements. You will develop an understanding of how the design will be used in development and coordinate Agile activities, identifying, tracking, and resolving technical issues. This is an opportunity to develop and deepen a range of skills from writing specifications to working across teams of Architects and Developers.
What’s in it for you
Influence. You want to work across multiple products, collaborating across the organisation, and helping build out our move to the cloud. You want the chance to work in a truly Agile environment where your voice will be heard. You will make a difference as you develop an understanding of how our solutions work with each other, what the limitations are and how to implement secure login features and integrations for cloud solutions for a global audience.
Exposure. You want to be part of a company that is forward-thinking and setting the standards in an industry. As Altus builds out our cloud offering and the products that take our thousands of global users along different paths in the PropTech sector, you will gain exposure to tools, technologies, and people as you work on projects that fulfill our vision.
Growth. We are building strength on strength as an organisation. As we acquire new companies and develop new products, you will increase your presence at the leading edge of a technical and services space. Your career opportunities will increase as we continue to scale around the world and in product breadth, as you have the chance to grow into a Product Owner or Product Manager; alternatively, you could move into an Architect role as you build out your hands-on skills.
Here’s what our BA will do:
- Own it. You will take pride in ensuring that the product delivers real value to our customers and satisfies all criteria.
- You will be a critical part of an Agile Development team, contributing the deliverables for the cross-functional team.
- Start conversations and probe for details. You will efficiently elicit and validate requirements.
- Support solution designs. You will produce functional and non-functional specification documentation incorporating text, mockups, and wireframes for any and every level of audience.
- You will gather relevant data, perform an analysis based on specifications, and create reports for the product and development teams.
- You will piece together logical user stories and workflows based on user information, requirements, and your understanding of both the processes and the technology.
- You will provide project guidance for business decisions relating to functional design and ensuring that technical development adheres to functional specification.
- Determine Acceptance Criteria. You will contribute to test strategies by determining acceptance criteria and helping triage bugs.
- You will investigate issues thoroughly and create practical solutions that solve problems and open up new opportunities. You are always looking for ways to improve processes and efficiency.
So, how do we know you are the next Technical Business Analyst, you have:
- The right combination of education and experience. You have experience working closely with Architects, Developers, and Security, bringing together architecture guidelines and business requirements.
- A genuine interest in new tools and technology. You have a good understanding of Front and Backend security, complex login, two-step authentication, federated login; API management and gateways. You are comfortable using a range of open source tools. Ideally, you have hands-on experience with MuleSoft, Swagger, and WSO2.
- The Agile experience. You are comfortable in the role of unofficial Product Owner; effectively communicating with a cross-functional team, ensuring deliverables are met on time. You can translate requirements into specifications; introducing creative and scalable solutions through research and a knowledge of best practices.
- A commitment to efficient processes. You are always looking for ways to improve processes and you always ensure your communications have been received and are clearly understood. Your commitment and focus influence those around you to do better.
- Fast. We are responsive and fast, developing new solutions and features that meet the demands of our users. With the solid financial stability of our bigger parent-group, we can offer the best of both worlds - cool tech, great benefits, challenges, and rewards.
- First. We continuously innovate to stay ahead of our competitors. We set the standard for the PropTech industry.
- Fun. From social Fridays to summer sailing; from holiday parties to mid-winter hackathons, we know how to take a step back and relax with co-workers.
- Future-focused. As an organisation, we are focused on growing our reach and our product offering. For anyone joining us, this means the chance to work on critical projects that will shape the success of our clients and grow your career moving up to the next level, choosing to specialise or exploring different product teams.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what’s new by following us on LinkedIn.
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.
Job has now expired