Technical Administrator - Southampton - £18,000 Permanent, full time
Our client supply and manufacture a wide range of air handling, heat recovery units for public, commercial and industrial buildings across the UK. They are looking for a Technical Administrator to join their team and to assist the sales team.
Role and Responsibilities
The Technical Administrator is an enthusiastic individual that provides support to customers, the External and Internal Sales teams. The role ensures the small works team can react efficiently with urgent enquiries.
- Understand the specific customer requirements by telephone or email communication
- Prepare, revise and issue proposals, scope of works and costings that fall within the Small Works remit to customers, regional sales, key accounts, bidding competitions etc.
- Process customer orders in line with company procedures, ensuring KPI's are achieved
- Assist customers with technical or pricing queries
- Update systems such as Axapta and CRM with accurate data from customers and the external sales team
- Own and solve customer problems that occur during sales stage whilst liaising with the correct personnel in other departments
- Liaise closely with the Projects and Operations departments to ensure projects sold run smoothly
- Build interdepartmental relationships with colleagues
- Answer incoming phone calls professionally and assist customers with any queries
- Obtain and review offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors
- Attend site when required to gather site specific information
- Maintain clear communication with clients in line with their expectations and meet any commitments given
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by your Line Manager
- Ability to work efficiently and meet targets/deadlines
- Good customer service skills and telephone manner
- Thrive working under pressure within a sales environment
- Positive attitude
- Flexible approach
- Take personal responsibility for training/improving IT skills to keep up with technology systems in use
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work
- Strong people skills
Role Requirements and Experience
- Good command of English/Maths
- GCSE Or Above
- Be competent with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job has now expired