Teacher of Art and Design Technology - Fixed Term Contract - Full-time
Start Date: ASAP / January 2020
Pay: TSAT Teacher Scale £25,750 - £39,964 per annum
Teacher of Art and Design Technology (Split of 75% Art and 25% Design Technology)
Full-time, Fixed term untill 20 April 2020
“The Victory Academy is GOOD in all areas”
“Achievement has risen over the last three years” Ofsted October 2017
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is in the top 10 Multi-Academy Trusts for KS4 progress
We require an experienced Teacher of Art and Design Technology to join The Victory Academy in January 2020 on a fixed term contract until August 2020. You will be a motivated and enthusiastic teacher who has a positive and open approach to learning. We are a mixed Comprehensive School for 11-19-year-old students of all ability ranges, where everyone works and learns within its caring and supportive environment.
We can offer you:
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- A newly built school with a stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Access to the New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of Holcombe Grammar School
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Onsite parking free of charge
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified Art / Design Technology Teacher
- Typically delivering good/outstanding learning experiences to students.
- Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum
- Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to Art and Design Technology
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject
- Be able to motivate his/her pupils
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students
- Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy
- Have excellent knowledge/experience of teaching Art and Design Technology.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in a new school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career and join at the start of a new and exciting time for this academy, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: 02/12/2019 at 23:00
Information about the school
The Victory Academy is officially recognised as a “Thinking School” by the University of Exeter and has also been awarded the prestigious Artsmark Platinum Award by the Arts Council England. The Victory Academy is part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust, which is in the top 10 best performing Multi-Academy Trusts in the country for GCSE performance (DfE, 2019), and was nominated for TES Employer of the Year in 2018.
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. The Academy is focused on providing an education for all. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel.
The Academy offers a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that your child will be a dynamic member of society when they leave either to further their education or start their chosen career. You will find on this site, a taste of the fantastic abilities of students and staff that continue to amaze with their skills, talent and commitment to excellence.
The Victory Academy has established links with The Historic Chatham Dockyard, The Royal Opera House Bridge and the Sea Cadets, aiming to raise the profile of the Academy within the local community. The Academy prides itself as being a cultural champion in giving back to the local community and has strong links with Medway Foodbank and The Magpie Centre. The students and staff at the school proudly use their Victory Spirit to raise funds for charities that support local families.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Posted 4 days ago