Based at Asda House in Leeds
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Optimisation & Continuous Improvement Manager to join our team in Supply Chain.
You’ll be responsible for delivering and supporting all aspects of operational end to end supply chain optimisation, developing initiatives that will deliver efficiencies & cost benefits. Your objective is to manage the delivery of high level projects whilst working closely with the functional teams to deliver a cost saving and operational efficiencies throughout, whilst maintaining customer availability. You may currently be working as Buyer or Merchandising Manager looking for your next challenge. Your commercial acumen, understanding of range decisions and passion for delivering continuous improvement will benefit our colleagues and the business. An exciting remit – and a brilliant challenge!
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Manage the implementation of projects as defined in line with agreed milestone plans to the LCOM (lowest cost to operate) model
- Give visibility of the supply chain through the use of Lean thinking and tools such as Process Mapping or Value Stream Mapping
- Build cost to serve models and ensure any supply chain charging is completed accurately
- Responsible for an effective communication plan and stakeholder engagement
- Identify key opportunities for cost savings and turn these into activity plans to deliver
- Collate and process data accurately highlighting key information to enable clear decision making
- Help deliver continuous improvement efforts by championing innovation
- Provide support to the Senior Optimisation Manager by fully understanding the wider projects being worked on delivering to the LCOM model
- Build strong internal relationships with the supply & commercial teams to deliver end to end cost benefits
- Effectively manage supplier relationships
- Self development and the development of the wider team
By managing cross category end to end Supply Chain projects, you will highly motivated & passionate about supply chain continuous improvement. You’ll have:
- Well rounded knowledge of various trading areas and their supply chain differences
- Understand the business trade-offs between service, quality and cost
- Ability to embrace change and manage resistance to change from others
- Strong communication & influencing skills
- Commercial awareness with numerical & analytical skills
- Passionate about relationship building & stakeholder engagement
- Ability to quickly shift priorities between the short term & longer term planning
- You’ll have experience in some of these areas - supply chain, buying, merchandising, project management, continuous improvement
You’ll receive an excellent benefits package which includes a cash allowance, BUPA, colleague discount off your shopping, share save scheme & competitive pension. We also like to share our success; after all you made it happen, so every eligible colleague is also part of the Asda bonus scheme. The development opportunities are endless and we’ll support you every step of the way to help further your career.
Join Asda and you won't just be part of a fast-paced culture. You'll be part of a mission to save our customers money every day. It's a simple idea that makes every minute of every day a real adventure. As well as outstanding development, there's the buzzing atmosphere you'd expect in a place where everyone works together because everyone counts.
About the Business Unit
About our Home Office We're very proud of our Yorkshire roots and Asda House, our Home Office, is still in Leeds. The teams at Asda House provide support to all of our stores nationally through many diverse roles. So in the queue for lunch at the onsite restaurant you might find a Buyer, a Solicitor, a Chartered Surveyor, a Project Manager, a Marketing Manager or an Accountant at any one time! There are a wide variety of different departments all working together to support our store colleagues who are out there on the front line, keeping our customers happy and saving them money every day.
This job was originally posted as
Posted 1 week ago