Supply Chain Administrator – Imports Classification & Ordering
General Merchandise team
Based at Asda House in Leeds
We have an exciting fixed term opportunity for a Supply Chain Administrator to join our team, here at Asda House. The Import Classification & Order Processing team supports the General Merchandise area of the business to determine customs import duties as well as the creation of purchase orders to our suppliers. Our work helps to ensure Asda’s profit opportunity is maximised by the effective management of import classification & ordering, supporting Supply Chain availability and inventory management.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Manage quote to purchase order creation for all new ranges, promotions, events and replenishment ordering
- Product Classification to determine Import Duty, using available web based resources (Customs Tariff / Business Link) as well as telephone queries to the Customs Helpline and 3rd party consultants
- Purchase Order revision administration
- Input into Critical Paths meetings to report on quote/ PO progress
- Presenting training sessions to the Supply and Trading colleagues
- Daily updates of team tracking excel spreadsheets
- Production of weekly reports for KPI/ Scorecard reporting
- You’ll ideally have experience in Customs Classification & an import and/ or freight forwarding background
- Understanding of Letters of Credit terms and payments
- Strong PC skills, particularly Microsoft Excel & Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads in order to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to adapt to change
- Team player
- Enthusiasm and commitment
You’ll receive an excellent benefits package which includes colleague discount, share save scheme & competitive pension. We also like to share our success; after all you made it happen, so every eligible colleague is also part of the Asda bonus scheme. The development opportunities are endless and we’ll support you every step of the way to help further your career.
Join Asda and you won't just be part of a fast-paced culture. You'll be part of a mission to save our customers money every day. It's a simple idea that makes every minute of every day a real adventure. As well as outstanding development, there's the buzzing atmosphere you'd expect in a place where everyone works together because everyone counts.
About the Business Unit
About our Home Office We're very proud of our Yorkshire roots and Asda House, our Home Office, is still in Leeds. The teams at Asda House provide support to all of our stores nationally through many diverse roles. So in the queue for lunch at the onsite restaurant you might find a Buyer, a Solicitor, a Chartered Surveyor, a Project Manager, a Marketing Manager or an Accountant at any one time! There are a wide variety of different departments all working together to support our store colleagues who are out there on the front line, keeping our customers happy and saving them money every day.
This job was originally posted as
Posted 4 days ago