A Bit About Us:
A fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning company. With Favourable shift patterns to allow an excellent work life balance. We offer great internal development opportunities, Employee discount along with a growing list of other perks including simply health and a pension plan…..
More about theSupervisor - De-briefer role:
As our Supervisor-De-briefer you will oversee the Night operation ensuring the Department and the team of Transport de-briefers and administrators along with the fleet of vehicles making sure they are well looked after. You will continuously live each of our values in everything you do including safety, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
Here's what you can expect to be doing as a Supervisor - De-briefer:
- Deliver training for new starters to include Safe Systems of Work and Health & Safety.
- Completing in-house reports to provide data required by the Transport Manager, Regional Manager and Head Office daily.
- Checking that all vehicles leaving the yard are secure and meet required transport legislation requirements.
- Effectively manage your team including HR issues, recruitment and engagement.
- Ensure that all Employees are complying with the training to provide a safe working environment for everyone.
- Complete alcohol testing when required.
- Communicate with our Self Employed Drivers, handling any queries efficiently and in a professional manner.
- Take responsibility for managing resource on each shift.
A few things about you:
You need to be able to build lasting, effective relationships with people around you even under pressure and in difficult situations. You must be smart enough to think on your feet and have a passion to drive our performance paying careful attention to the service we deliver for our customers. You will have:
- Previous experience within a Team Leader or Supervisory role.
- People Management skills including HR processes.
- Awareness of Transport, Logistics, Distribution or Warehousing.
- Knowledge of transport legislation and compliance to ensure all of our vehicles are legally compliant.
- Able to remain calm and focused under time pressure.
- Able to solve problems independently and with confidence.
- Able to communicate effectively especially by email and phone.
- Has a logical and methodical approach to all tasks.
Why choose AO:
It's not about the job you need now, it's about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don't have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That's our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what's possible. We're growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they're our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things:
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.
Click 'Apply' now to join our family and find out more about the Supervisor - De-briefer role.
Job has now expired