Study Director - Animal Health
One of the UK’s leading CRO’s is looking for a Study Director to join their growing team. You will be responsible for planning and managing the delivery of research studies conducted to assist clients develop animal products.
* Lead and manage the delivery of a range of research studies with farm animal species conducted to assist clients develop veterinary medicines and nutritional products.
* Produce well written protocols, reports, and standard operating procedures to set deadlines.
* Liaise closely with clients to ensure their requirements are fully understood and that work is delivered to their satisfaction.
* Manage the finances of studies, minimising costs, and maximising profits.
* Assist in the development of new business, through establishing good client relationships, identifying new opportunities, and assisting with project proposals.
* Understand and adhere to Good Laboratory Practice, Good Clinical Practice (Veterinary), Home Office and other relevant guidelines (Health 7 Safety Executive, Environment Agency etc.).
* Ensure staff and studies comply with internal and external quality standards.
* Meet personal and team targets, through establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with new and existing clients.
* Manage the finances of studies, ensuring efficient delivery by staff and minimising cost so that budgeted profit is achieved or exceeded.
* Ensure that studies are planned, managed and lead to ensure compliance with recognised standards and that client expectations about conduct and reporting are met.
* Experienced in managing the delivery of studies involving farm animal species, or similar relevant experience.
* BSc in a scientific discipline.
* Good understanding of Good Laboratory Practice, Good Clinical Practice (veterinary) and the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act.
* Self-motivated, well organised, able to prioritise tasks, delegate tasks and work to deadline pressure.
* Flexible and adaptable. Willing and able to work off site, at weekends and unsociable hours if required.
* Driving licence.
* Familiar with European Pharmacopoeia, European Medicines Agency and European Food Safety Authority guidelines on the conduct of studies.
* Home Office Personal Licence holder or experience of working on Home Office regulated studies.
* Familiar with the conduct of statistical analysis of data.
* Experience working in a laboratory environment.
* Experienced in managing a team
* Familiar with the husbandry of farm animals including cattle, sheep, pigs, poultry and horses
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team, apply now
1 month ago