Senior Structural Engineer [EXPIRED]
Full Description: An enthusiastic & highly motivated, structural design engineer with experience in heavy industrial applications is needed by an industry leading company in Teesside
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Produce, monitor and/or check technically compliant and cost effective structural design documentation such as engineering drawings, specifications, schedules, calculations & manuals meet project requirements and company operating procedures / statutory obligations
* Work with the project engineer as the structural technical focus for a specific portion of a project ensuring a successful and commercially viable contract execution. This would include monitoring and reporting budgets, progress, KPI's and change management
* Ensure team members comply with the company operating procedures, particularly with regards statutory obligations
* Participate in project Design & Safety Reviews, Risk Assessments etc
* Report to Project Engineer and/or Engineering Manager on all matters relating to the project.
* Co-ordination / liaison / Monitor Third Party design / detail output to ensure project and statutory requirements are met
* When required ensure that structures are manufactured, tested, installed and commissioned in accordance with the design / operational requirements
* Assist in the preparation of engineering manhour and/or merchant account budgets for the pre-project bids ensuring budgets are at a suitable level to obtain new business whilst still being sufficient to allow successful project execution
* Develop , maintain and cultivate relationships with Clients, Suppliers, Sub Contractors to ensure successful execution of projects as well as future business
* Experience in the design of steelwork using computerised software such as STAAD PRO would be an advantage
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Project engineering/management and the project lifecycle from sales through to installation/commissioning
* Team management/participation both office based and site based during project execution.
* Must be able to solve problems quickly and positively and take an active part in the decision making of the engineering team
* Substantial design civil & structural experience and knowledge of relevant technology areas.
* Significant experience of function within large projects including installation and start-up/commissioning
* Ability to be able to communicate on both Technical and non-Technical issues.
* Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation / requirements
* Understanding of Project Management, Planning, Procurement, Sales and R&D disciplines.
* IT literate with all department and business system/design tools
* Large Project execution as well as good working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation within this discipline
* Managing budgets
* HND/Degree preferred but higher levels of experience without these will be viewed positively
* Metals industry applications; Lead engineering roles previously held
Foreign work assignments are a mandatory component of the role, hence, candidate must be willing to work within an office or site environment in the UK or foreign location.
A driving license would be a necessary requirement.
If you would like to learn more please call Adam Jones at CDS Recruitment or
Job has now expired