NHS Education For Scotland
Senior Specialist Information Analyst - Digital (Operations)
Agenda for Change Band 8a; £45, 446 to £51, 883 per annum
Flexible base location
Full Time; 37.5 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Technical Lead to join our team. You will play a key, senior role transforming the way digital services are delivered within NHS Scotland, using cutting edge technologies.
Key tasks will Include but are not limited to:
• Ensuring NES's Digital infrastructure is fit for purpose, performant, monitored and available to support the delivery of a portfolio of digital products and services.
• Technically lead NES's cloud transition activity and data centre consolidation activity with a focus on simplifying and strengthening architecture and services.
• Continually ensure our systems are secure and any threats can be mitigated effectively from a technical perspective
• Discover, evaluate and implement suitable established and emerging technologies that support and enhance NES Digital's products and services
• Develop, maintain and improve NES Digital's continuous integration and delivery systems to ensure we are constantly delivery value to our user communities
• Take a lead role in establishing a formal DevOps culture within Digital
It is vital that you are a confident, experienced digital operations specialist with a real passion for ensuring digital infrastructure and services are fit for purpose, performant, monitored and available. In addition to strong technical skills, you must be able to manage a technical team, feel confident interacting with people and can work using your initiative.
Some of the essential skills and experience you will bring to us are:
• Experience of architecting, deploying and managing digital infrastructure and services in a multi-site environment
• In-depth understanding of digital systems from the bare metal to the user interface
• Experience of cloud architecture and transition
• Confident in systems automation and scripting languages
• Providing high-quality digital services to their consumers with a focus on delivering value and customer service
For informal discussion please contact:
Director (Digital) - Christopher Wroath
Head of Service (Digital) - David McColl
Business Manager (Digital) - Paula Duncan
Closing Date: 17th October 2019
Interview Date: TBC
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Applications must be made online via our website:
CVs will not be accepted.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident .
Job has now expired