Management of the checking, sampling, testing and release of raw materials ensuring on time availability as dictated by the site production plan. The main point of contact within the laboratory for the availability of raw materials.
- Checking and approval of goods received notes (GRNs) versus supplier information.
- Ensuring materials are sampled and, where appropriate, sent out for contract testing to ensure lead times for material availability are met.
- Oversee QC samplers and technicians.
- Managing the scheduling of raw materials testing within the QC laboratory to align with production requirements as assigned and communicated by the Laboratory Supervisor
- Provide technical support, guidance and training to technicians performing raw materials testing.
- Checking and release of raw materials.
- Perform raw materials out of specification (OOS) investigations when required.
- Ensure all raw materials OOS investigations are initiated, progressed and actively driven through to completion.
- Communicate to the Laboratory Supervisor / Manager as soon as possible instances where raw material OOS investigations may impact on the site production plan.
- Perform routine testing procedures for the appraisal of raw materials involving basic wet chemistry methods, pH, FT-IR, separation and titrations when required.
- HPLC and GC testing of raw materials.
- Provide data for Lab KPIs in relation to raw materials.
- Adherence to GMP in the laboratory
- Commitment to continuous improvement to drive efficiencies within the laboratory.
- Updating raw materials methods and specifications where appropriate.
- 2-3 years Pharmaceutical industry experience testing raw materials demonstrating an ability to conduct and troubleshoot typical wet chemistry techniques.
- Experience of working to Pharmacoepial standards within a GMP laboratory.
- Be able to support and train other technicians.
This role would be ideally suited to an experienced QC technician eager to progress their career, moving toward a supervisory / management position.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive for our job adverts we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.
One To One Recruitment are a privately owned independent Recruitment solutions provider, we act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for temporary recruitment. Our service is a free and confidential service to work seekers.
This job was originally posted as
Job has now expired