Senior Project Planner
This role has a salary range of £34,641 - £40,030 depending of course, on your skills and fit to the role. We have an excellent benefits package which consists of a variety of different schemes to suit employees at all points of their career
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Project Planner to provide a professional project planning service to one or more projects at varying phases of the project lifecycle.
Under the direction and guidance of the Project Office Manager, the Senior Project Planner is responsible for planning either a group of related projects (similar products) or a large programme.
They are responsible for being the planning professional within the project team and have a detailed knowledge of the company project management tools and processes.
The Senior Project Planner will provide mentoring and supervisory support to junior planning staff as required within the relevant business area.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Working closely with Work Package Managers and Project
- Managers to produce fully resourced multi-level project plans.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining the accuracy of project plans, ensuring that they reflect the project objectives, are updated in a timely manner and are communicated to all IPT members.
- Production of Work breakdown and Organisational breakdown structures (as required).
- Providing Project/Programme Managers with proactive interpretation of plan progress, in particular resource, schedule and cost.
- Providing advice and assistance on all planning matters.
- Analysis of project schedule and costs
- Contribution to the bid planning process
- Generation, interpretation and communication of performance measures e.g. earned value
- Generation, interpretation and communication of critical path analysis
- Effective resource planning and analysis
- Creation, analysis and maintenance of risk management information (as required), ensuring labour and material contingencies are correctly apportioned.
- "What if" and scenario planning
- Mentoring/supervision as required.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- A competent project planner, with a proven track record
- Proactive involvement with IPT and Project Managers, with the ability to provide analysis and advice on project resources, schedule and cost.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in project planning techniques including Earned Value Management, Critical path Analysis and Network Planning
- Ability to present planning information to Senior Management levels, providing them with advise and recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience using project performance measures eg EVM, and CPA to influence project decisions.
- Project Lifecycle awareness, with relevant experience in different phases.
- Knowledgeable and actively involved with Project Risk Management.
- The aptitude and ability to mentor /supervise junior staff (either directly or indirectly)
- A demonstrated commitment to continual professional development.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team, demonstration strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong Customer focus.
- Personal presence and credibility
- Working in an open plan office environment
- Working as part of IPT (integrated project team)
- Working to tight deadlines
- Occasional (monthly or less) travel to other sites
- Display screen equipment user
This job was originally posted as
1 month ago