Reference5.20Number of vacancies
Blackpool , Manchester , Newcastle Salary
Up to £60,552 Incentive compensationPension + bonus Work hours37.5Employment typePermanent Job benefitsOur flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more…Closing date31 January 2020Job descriptionWant to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.We are looking for Senior Network Engineer – Infrastructure Operations to work with us on one of the biggest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives. In BPDTS Ltd you will be part of an organisation responsible for the delivery of digital platforms and services, real-time analytics and flexible infrastructure, providing secure and resilient services to DWP. Joining an innovative, supportive, and fast growing community of skilled digital professionals you will work in agile and creative ways to improve public services, with the power to make a difference to the lives of 22 million UK citizens.
You and your roleAs a Senior Engineer within Infrastructure Operations (specifically Network & Telecommunications) in BPDTS, you’ll be working with a wide range of tools and technologies, network virtualisation techniques and SD-WAN.
Using cutting edge technology, there are training, learning and development opportunities to complement the new skills and experience you’ll acquire on the job, as well as the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across the tech community and via our coaching and mentoring programmes.What are we looking for?
Essential Skills :• Significant knowledge in TCP/IP routing and switching, including routing protocols BGP and OSPF
• Significant experience of network security products and countermeasure techniques, including firewalls, Virtual Private Networks (VPN’s), encryption and authentication techniques
• Significant knowledge of Cisco data-centre, WAN, LAN, NAC products/technologies and Cisco CCIE/CCNP/CCDP certification or equivalent experience/skills
• Leading a team, resource management, capability management and career development
• Strong experience in Service Management & Operations (particularly Request Fulfilment, Incident/Problem/Change Management) and with experience of Service Transition
• Experience of working in collaborative environments with strong senior stakeholder and client management
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Where will you work?#BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them. You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Blackpool, Manchester, Newcastle.
Find out more about our hubs here: We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?• We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £60,552
• You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
• We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus of up to 10%
• We’ll help you balance your life and work
• We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra daysWe also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle. Building our futureWe believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes. Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.If you have any questions or you want to discuss this opportunity please contact me via
Job has now expired