ABOUT FUTURELEARNFutureLearn is a leading social learning platform formed in December 2012 by The Open University and is now jointly owned by The Open University and The SEEK Group. FutureLearn has over 10 million people signed up worldwide. FutureLearn uses design, technology and partnerships to create enjoyable, credible and flexible short online courses, microcredentials, as well as undergraduate and postgraduate degrees that improve working lives. It partners with over a quarter of the world’s top universities, as well as organisations such as Accenture, the British Council, CIPD, Raspberry Pi and Health Education England (HEE). It’s also involved in government-backed initiatives to address skills gaps such as The Institute of Coding and the National Centre for Computing Education.
ABOUT THIS ROLEReporting to the Head of Customer Engagement, this is a RoI and metrics focused CRM campaigns and channel leadership role. The Senior CRM Campaigns Manager will develop as the champion for our use of CRM campaigns, initially the email channel but with a view to future channel innovation. Our campaigns seek to engage new and existing learners on across the whole course portfolio, from short courses to microcredentials and degrees, with a focus on where we can build engagement and customer lifetime value.
A critical element of the role is working with colleagues in our Product Development teams who imagine, evolve, design, code, deploy and test all developments of our site, including the 1:1 email reminders and notifications triggered by the learning platform.
Another key relationship will be with our Data and Insights team who manage and provide analytics tools for our vast inventories of customer journey and interaction data, and will help us identify opportunities to grow customer engagement and income generation though learner upgrades, subscriptions and purchase of paid-for courses.
This role sits among the Engagement team in FutureLearn Marketing, alongside Senior Marketing Managers for our Social channels engagement and our On-Platform engagement and conversion optimisation, with connections between the work in all three areas.
- Audience Segmentation: Working with our Business Intelligence tools Periscope, Looker), insights from learner research, and our data analytics colleagues, develop and test customer segmentation and audience split approaches to innovate in our email campaigns in order to drive traffic, course enrolments, upgrades, Unlimited sales, microcredentials and online degrees to relevant learners.
- Personalisation: Working with colleagues to develop richer customer insight and modelling, develop the approaches to greater personalisation of campaigns, optimising relevance and timing of campaigns to build customer response and engagement.
- Creative: Working with both our creative teams and our product teams, from email templating, design, structure, and content, develop and test ideas to evolve the routing database campaigns and build knowledge and conversion metrics experience for use in modelling tactical, new course or new partnership campaigns.
- Customer Lifetime Value: Working with colleagues engaged in retention and conversion strategies, identify where routine and dedicated campaign activity can help build customer LTV and test ideas.
- Retention: Build understanding of where our learning platform triggers 1:1 engagements with our learners to sustain retention on our courses and how we engage learners to maximise course completion rates and revenue generation.
- Progression: Support innovation in the way we encourage learners to progress their education journey and explore a wider range of learning experiences.
- Tools, channels and automation: Explore new direct communication tools and channel opportunities to improve our campaign strategies, including opportunities to automate and improve the customer experience and performance of 1:1 interactions with active learners.
- Analytics: Work with analyst colleagues and use BI tools to take a fully data-driven approach to track campaign performance against objectives, monitor patterns and changes in learner behaviour to inform targeted initiatives, making consistent use of UTM and other attribution opportunities.
- Campaign metrics, open rates, click-through rates, unsubscriptions.
- Business metrics; traffic, enrolments, upgrades, subscriptions and paid-for course sales attributed to the email channel.
- Lifetime value, revenue per learner.
- Retention rates among enrolments and for subscription products like Unlimited.
- Deep understanding of CRM campaigning, personalisation and engagement through off-platform communications.
- Extensive experience of B2C and B2B campaigning, data management and creative innovation, including A/B and multivariate testing.
- Extensive experience of successful customer segmentation and sample split approaches.
- Effective collaboration and communication skills with the ability to influence others and lead cross-functional efforts.
- Ability to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- £55K - £65K
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- OU Staff Fee Course Waiver Programme
- Great coffee, teas, fruit and daily breakfast
Please submit a CV, a link to a portfolio (or a PDF), and a cover letter. On your cover letter please clearly explain how you meet the essential skills and experience criteria mentioned in the requirements specification section of the job description . Please also include your salary expectations. This will help us determine your fit for the role and increase your application's chances of success.
Please contact if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
Closing Date Monday 17th February 2020.
DIVERSITY STATEMENTWe value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender assignment, age, pregnancy, maternity and paternity status, or disability status, marital and civil partnership status
Job has now expired