Senior Controls & Instrumentation Engineer
Looking for an experienced and professional Controls and Instrumentation Engineer to carry out the execution and co-ordination of engineering projects and the provision of specialist consultancy services associated with oil and gas pipelines and associated facilities.
Knowledge and Experience
- Higher formal qualifications (HND or appropriate engineering degree); preferably a Member of Chartered Institution.
- Experience of Controls and Instrumentation
- Knowledge in the appropriate engineering discipline in the design, project engineering and consultancy in oil and gas pipelines and associated facilities.
- Minimum of three years experience in the oil and gas or associated industries.
- Computer literate in normal office software applications.
- Valid UK driving licence
Undertake projects, studies and engineering work on oil and gas pipelines and associated facilities in the UK and overseas to:
- Provide project control from initial approval through to commissioning and handover
- Ensure agreed man-hour and cost targets are adhered to through effective project and financial control. Seek to enhance project fee where possible.
- Prepare project plans and programmes to ensure work is carried out in accordance with procedures to client satisfaction.
- Provide appropriate engineering designs in accordance with relevant company, client, national and international standards.
- Ensure good engineering practices are maintained.
- Prepare contract documentation for procurement of services and materials. Evaluate tenders and provide recommendations for contract award. Manage contracts and authorise invoices within allocated financial authority for payment.
- Maintain good client relationships to help secure continuing business.
- Prepare estimates and technical input for proposals to prospective clients.
- The job requires management responsibility for agency staff where required and discipline engineers as necessary.
- Apply professional engineering discipline, judgement and constructive thinking to the selection of solutions for the development and maintenance of oil and gas pipelines and associated facilities.
- Adapt to changing priorities presented by client requirements.
- Within the framework of the business plans and HSEQ policies consider and implement options to achieve the best results in terms of optimum reputation, profit and client satisfaction.
Contact with Others
- Direct contact with clients regarding project issues.
- Management of contractors and suppliers.
- Co-ordination of discipline engineers, CAD operators and field engineers.
- Reporting and discussion of project issues with the Project Manager.
- To manage multiple projects ensuring that each is controlled within the financial and programme constraints.
- To keep abreast of technical and commercial advancements within the pipeline industry
3 weeks ago