School Programme Manager [EXPIRED]
Purpose of Job:
To manage the development and delivery of learning programmes at the Gallery which aim to empower our audiences to connect, create and make sense of their world through meaningful interactions with art. The post-holder is responsible for the management of a core programme of schools sessions teacher CPD, practical workshops as well as special projects and initiatives.
- Plan, organise and oversee the delivery of the Schools programme and practical adult workshops to agreed timescales, scope and budget.
- Devise, deliver, and evaluate special projects to support the learning strategy and Gallery’s objectives.
- Work both internally and externally to raise the profile of the programme, and develop new initiatives to support the Gallery’s audience development objectives.
- Manage and develop the Gallery’s offer for Teachers including CPD, teacher exclusive events and our teacher panel.
- Work closely with the Operations Department to continuously improve the onsite experience of visiting schools and young people, in particular the schools facilities.
- Work closely with the Development Department to write funding bids, secure funds for the programme, meet donors and produce reports for funders.
- Supervise Learning Coordinator tasks, in particular the operational and administrative processes of school bookings and visits.
- Manage the collection, collation and analysis of schools data ensuring that analysis informs both strategic and day-today programming.
- Carry out ongoing consultation and evaluation with teachers, participants and partners to ensure that the programme is audience-focussed.
- Deliver a programme that offers students a chance to deepen their understanding of art, explore new ideas, and make personal connections with the artwork on display at the Gallery.
- Ensure that the programme is accessible and inclusive supporting participants needs, learning styles, levels and experience.
- Support and develop the large volunteer team who support the schools programme in the Gallery, providing training, quality assurance and professional development for them.
- Manage, develop and nurture the team of freelance artists to deliver a high-quality artist-led programme.
- Manage and develop partnerships with a range of organisations and individuals including statutory bodies, educational organisations and cultural institutions.
- Work with the Communications Team to define target audiences for the schools and youth programmes and develop marketing plans to reach them.
- Liaise with the Communications Team on marketing and press matters including writing text for What’s On, the website or other channels.
- Liaise with artists Learning Coordinators and facilitators on the day to day management of sessions.
- Work closely with the Visitor Experience Manager to schedule support from Gallery Assistants for workshops as required, particularly evenings and occasional weekends.
- Manage the operational budget for the Programme.
- Lead some sessions with visiting groups.
- Ensure all Health and Safety and Safeguarding procedures are rigorously followed by all personnel involved in the schools and youth programmes including artists, volunteers, technicians, Guides and Gallery Assistants.
Job has now expired