Our client has a fantastic opportunity for a Retail Assistant Manager to join the team based in Southend. Joining on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £24,346 per annum.
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow in a company that actively supports your development?
Do you want to play a key part in motivating and developing a high performing team?
Do you have experience working in hospitality or retail and are passionate about customer service?
If you answered yes to these questions, Our client would love to hear from you!
Our client is the largest wine specialist in the UK with over 200 stores, as well as a very significant online presence and megastores in Calais, France.
The Retail Assistant Manager role:
Our client seeking to recruit a vibrant, people focused Retail Assistant Manager for their thriving Southend store who’s excited about developing a career in retail. Southend is situated on the Essex coast and has excellent rail links to London. From October we will be a fully shelved store and part of the new and exciting Wineify trial. They are looking for a customer orientated Assistant Manager, who is eager to learn and has the ability to lead a team.
Gone are the days where retail has to be boring and buying wine is a stuffy industry just for the rich and famous! Our client is all about customer experience and what better way to engage with customers than opening a bottle at their tasting counter? They need someone who is full of energy, good at building relationships and can provide their customers with a super service.
They are looking for a real team player who isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up and lead by example. They want someone who takes pride in engaging, motivating and developing a high performing team and can see the value in doing their best, so together, the whole team succeeds.
Benefits of becoming their Retail Assistant Manager:
- A 20% staff discount on everything in store, which you can share with two of your family or friends
- Store bonus schemes, so you can earn more on top of your salary
- The potential to become a Business Partner, earning a salary of up to £50,000 OTE
- Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards
- Free shares, so you can share in the success of the business
- A contributory Company Pension Plan
- Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary)
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays
- PLUS invites to wine tasting events
- PLUS free lunch Fridays (if you hit your weekly targets!)
The Retail Assistant Manager Role:
- Enjoy drinking wine and have a desire to increase your wine knowledge
- Have some experience in a team leader/supervisor position within retail, hospitality or a similar customer-focused industry
- Be over 20 years old and hold a valid manual driving license for at least 12 months
Key Responsibilities of a Retail Assistant Manager:
- Working as the right-hand person to the Store Manager
- Managing the training & development of your team - using your experience to make Trainee Managers / Sales
Assistants be the best they can be and keeping them on top of their game
- Stock Control - ensuring the shelves are fully stocked with the best wine for your customers
- Visual Merchandising - keeping the store looking great and attractive to customers
- Customer Service - delivering and facilitating a 5* customer service experience
- Leading from the front - using great coaching and management skills to develop your team
- Be a Wine Specialist - help our customers discover and buy wines they’ll absolutely love
If you are passionate about growing and developing as a Retail Assistant Manager in a successful business who genuinely care about their people… please do apply for Southend today!
* Our client reserves the right to shortlist and appoint suitable candidates before the advert deadline date *
2 months ago