At nmcn we’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. Our vision and values are extremely important to us, along with the continued growth and opportunity for our people. We place people at the heart of what we do, and work in partnership with our clients and customers to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
We provide a complete service offering to the sectors we work in from conception to optimisation, delivering best value and innovation. Our 12 regional offices and workshops enable us to provide a local service to our customers promoting sustainable working relationships.
Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will work alongside the Contract Delivery Team to ensure the contractual control, cost management, profitability and cash management of Mechanical / Electrical and Combined schemes, predominantly in the water industry.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Assisting the proposals team to evaluate risk and opportunity during tender preparation.
- Issue sub-contract tender packages and undertake contractual evaluation of the tender returns
- Attend post tender and pre-contract meetings.
- Reviewing of contract documents to ensure that the company is protected from onerous terms and conditions.
- Assess contract risk and work with the site team to develop and manage mitigation plans.
- Undertake cost to complete reviews with the contract delivery teams.
- Attend internal and external commercial review meetings.
- Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Manage the commercial aspects of subcontract accounts from procurement to interim and final account agreement.
- Final account negotiation achieving the best possible outcome for Nomenca.
- Preparation of / assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works.
- Working with the commercial and operational teams to strive for continuous improvement.
- Maximising value and minimising cost, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to monitor and manage the operating cost base.
- Working with the operational teams to deliver and manage performance against the Profit Improvement Plan.
- Manage commercial performance against business targets and KPI’s.
- Ensure that the delivery team are briefed and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to budget variances.
- Promote a culture of integration, continuous improvement and use of best practice across the client base.
- Ensure that the group commercial policies are adhered to and that the requirements of legislation are met.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/BSc equivalent
- Commercial and contractual awareness with a proven track record of success
- Working knowledge of NEC Suite of Documentation
- A good level of competency of Microsoft packages
- Self-motivation, passion and a driven ‘can do’ attitude
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- The ability to anticipate problems and ensure early intervention
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with multiple clients, forms of contract and methods of measurement
- Have a civil engineering, utility or Mechanical & Electrical background
We offer an attractive benefits package in a rapidly expanding forward thinking company.
This job was originally posted as
Job has now expired