Based in the Coventry office, the Purchase Ledger Clerk reports to the Purchase Ledger Supervisor. The role will cover all aspects of supplier and employee expenses payments.
A leading business within the Media sector who have featured in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work for list. Along with this the client have also ranked in the top 100 in the last three Sunday Times International Track listings of Britain's companies.
The key responsibilities for the successful Purchase Ledger Clerk base din Coventry will be:
- Processing supplier invoices ensuring that they are accurately matched to purchase orders and any invoices which cannot be processed are clearly annotated with the reasons for query so that others can follow up if the person is not available. This covers a large number of group companies and will predominantly be in 5 currencies (GBP, Euros, USD, Singapore Dollars and Hong Kong Dollars);
- Ensuring that items in query are dealt with promptly and that the underlying causes are addressed to avoid recurrence;
- Maintaining a query log which is circulated to management on a weekly basis;
- Checking and processing employee expenses to ensure compliance with the company's Expenses Policy;
- Acting as the main contact for allocated employees and suppliers
- Chasing up supplier statements and reconciling on a monthly basis. Ensuring that missing invoices are chased up promptly and all credits are taken as soon as possible;
- Creating combined payment runs for suppliers and employees to agreed deadlines. Creating bank payments in online banking software;
- Dealing with bank reconciliation queries;
- Accurately setting up new suppliers and employees;
- Providing telephone support and onsite training for non-Finance staff on expenses and purchase orders;
- Support on overseas and group audit, collaborating with group auditors to ensure efficient year end audit and compliance with all relevant accounting standards and regulations.
- Supporting the rest of the team to ensure all deadlines and requests for ad-hoc information are met.
The successful Purchase Ledger Clerk based in Coventry must have:
- Prior experience of medium volume purchase ledger processing
- A basic understanding of how all areas of the Finance Department work and interact;
- Needs to work with a high degree of accuracy whilst still being deadline focused.
- A clear understanding of processes with the ability to suggest updates and improvements;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to understand issues and communicate clearly with non-Finance staff;
- Computer literate with basic Excel skills. Previous knowledge of Sage 200 would be an advantage.
£20,000 - £25,000
Job has now expired