Location - Swindon
Salary - Up to £35,000 - 24 days annual leave + benefits + pension
Passionate about delivering processes and high levels of service? Experience of work measurement and method studies/value stream mapping? Join our growing team based in Swindon.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Planner to join a large successful distribution company who are responsible for distributing parts to the automotive industry.
What you will be doing
The Project Planner will primarily use their expertise to ensure processes are optimised. You will work to eliminate waste, plan and implement new processes and support new model introductions. You will also be expected to ensure the company meet the business requirement by fully supporting all objectives and targets set by the company, whilst working within a TQM framework of Quality, Cost, Delivery, Management and Safety.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct Time & Motion Studies and Analysis.
- Develop capacity analysis & subsequent manpower requirements
- New process/product introduction; planning, preparation & confirmation
- Equipment preparation/tooling for process
- Operation standard creation & support
- Value stream mapping and analysis to eliminate waste.
- Use mathematical methods and models to design the best systems and processes possible.
- Work with management and customers to develop new standard processes that are effective as possible.
- Develop, Improve and Monitor current warehouse procedures and layouts to ensure full utilisation whilst maintaining a safe working environment.
- Create and suggest 'best practice' working methods by for example, using data from time and motion studies and analysis.
You will have experience of working within a similar role within logistics as well as demonstrating enthusiasm and commitment to the business, is responsive and flexible to change, and is innovative and therefore creative. Must be calm and consistent when working under pressure and tight timescales. You will have:
- Experience of work measurement and method studies/ Value Stream Mapping
- Possess strong skills in critical thinking, acute listening, problem solving, analysis, examination of processes and creativity.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems, schedule activities and implement plans.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, to be able to communicate at all levels with both internal & external customers, so allowing solid relationships across various departments/organisations.
- High Level of competency with most software packages Word, Excel and Strong presentation skills, advanced level of both Excel and Powerpoint.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact
This job was originally posted as
4 weeks ago