Company: Boehringer Ingelheim
Position: Primary Care Representative
Therapy Area: Diabetes
Vacancy Type: Full Time - Permanent
Ashfield is recruiting a Medical Representative to cover the Gloucestershire territory as part of our successful Boehringer Ingelheim team. Family-owned since it was established in 1885, Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry's top 20 companies. Some 50,000 employees create value through innovation every day for the three business areas: human pharmaceuticals; animal health; and, biopharmaceuticals. In 2017, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around €18.1 billion and our investment in research corresponded to 17% of net sales.
· To work with Local Account Team to input recommendations on sales and marketing solutions based on understanding and evaluation of trends, customer needs, and competitor's activity, products or services that will generate sales.
· Customises approach for each call on each customer to assess customer needs and increase sales.
· Has excellent understanding of customer priorities/needs and keeps abreast of changes in the local health economy.
· Build relationships with the customer.
· Obtain maximum commitment from customers on every call.
· Pro-active communication with internal stakeholders.
· Full accountability for understanding and adherence to industry and company policies and procedures.
· Responsible for attaining high levels of product, competitor, therapy area and environmental knowledge of promoted lines.
· Responsible for upholding the professional image of Boehringer Ingelheim at all times.
· Degree level or equivalent. Science or business background but others considered.
· Good understanding of the NHS (UK) / HSE (Ireland) organisation and framework/national policies.
· ABPI (UK) / MRII (Ireland) qualification (understanding and adherence).
· Sound knowledge of commercial environment.
· Regulatory environment.
· PM vision and imperatives.
· Therapy area knowledge and brand strategies.
· Internal processes and network.
Please note that the ability to drive is a requirement of this role.
Ashfield is a fast-paced place to work where you will be highly valued. We will give you all the support, training and encouragement you need to deliver first-class results for our clients. With an international reach and great support, the opportunities here are wide and diverse.
It is our people that have made us successful and we are committed to our values.
Quality, Partnership, Ingenuity, Expertise and Energy.
Successful candidates will benefit from a car, laptop, pension, healthcare and an excellent reward and recognition package. Please note that the ability to drive is a requirement of this role.
Please note if you have not heard from a member of the recruitment department within 7 days your application has been unsuccessful at this stage.
Thank you for your interest in Ashfield and Boehringer Ingelheim.
This job was originally posted as
Posted 4 days ago