We seek an experienced Program Management practitioner for the role of Portfolio Program Manager. This role will report directly to the Sr. Director of Program Management and be responsible for developing and leading a team of high performing Program Managers engaged in the management of a development program portfolio. The role will support commercial business units with customers spanning domestic and international locations.
The primary responsibility of this leadership position is to lead members of the Program Management function through the pursuit, planning, execution, monitoring/controlling and close out phases of the program/project life cycle in the achievement of customer and business case objectives. In addition to serving as the owner of program performance at the portfolio level, the Portfolio Program Manager will be responsible for contributing to the overall performance from a sales, P&L, balance sheet and cash flow perspective. The general roles and responsibilities for the Portfolio Program Manager will minimally include:
* Manage the performance of select Program Management (PM) professionals, mentoring, coaching and driving required behaviors and accountabilities. The candidate will be responsible for working with the Program Management Office (PMO) on implementation of process, tools, training, best practices and lessons learned to continuously improve and grow the capability of PMs. Ensures consistency in application and compliance to PMO procedures and methods.
* Manages a portfolio of IRAD and customer funded development programs. Accountable for annual IRAD budgets within the portfolio.
* Lead PM team through the strategy, business case development and pursuit phases of programs for development of product and service opportunities. Work with PM teams to participate in strategy formulation and transform objectives into cross-functional execution plans needed for RFP and business case development.
* Lead the PM team to create enterprise wide program plans and management operating systems from which cross-functional execution plans are developed. Responsible for ensuring all development programs are adequately planned at a business and functional level to deliver on business case and customer contract objectives. Knowledge of core planning elements such as requirements planning, deliverables definition, milestone definition, risk management, resource management & critical path scheduling are key.
* Lead the PM teams through the monitoring and control phase of program execution using robust management operating systems and integrated cross-functional teaming approaches. Responsible for ensuring scope, schedule and cost baseline change controls. Knowledge of Earned Value techniques and reporting are key. Develop, maintain and manage internal performance scorecards for development and production programs.
* Lead PM team through the new product introduction phase of programs to ensure successful transition to production and customer services. Utilize a gated control and approval process for the Product life-cycle. Responsible for customer scorecard performance and the associated internal performance measures. Work across the functions to identify and plan activities required to continuously improve upon performance variances from business case objectives.
* Collaboratively partners with functional leaders across APD management to provide enterprise wide leadership. Focuses the organization on building robust customer and subcontractor relationships essential for growth and execution.
* Establish a process improvement culture within the Program Management team.
* BS/BA level degree in engineering, supply chain/operations or business level equivalent. Preference for MBA level candidates.
* PMP certification or equivalent Program Management certification.
* 15+ years in the aerospace industry, preferably experience with both commercial and defense programs.
* 8+ years of experience in progressive Project and Program Management roles.
* 5+ years of experience in leading direct reports.
* Preference for candidates with knowledge and experience with aviation security/detection systems.
* Program management practitioner experienced in leading through expert planning, baseline control, metrics and analytics. Demonstrated ability to create management operating systems.
* A demonstrated capability to think strategically and execute tactically. The successful candidate must be an integrative thinker with a strong foundation in data driven problem solving.
* A demonstrated depth and breadth in business acumen across the major functional disciplines including Program Management, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Contracts, Business Development, Marketing and Sales.
* Demonstrated leadership capability and the ability to affect organizational change in challenging environments. Must be adept at achieving results through multiple organizational functions without direct authority and through influence and negotiation.
* Demonstrated listening and influencing skills, must be able to portray compelling reasons for change as Program/Project priorities dictate.
* Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal, at all levels of the organization. Must be skilled in building customer and subcontractor relationships while balancing strategic objectives. Formal and informal negotiation experience required.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office and project management tools.
* Up to 25% travel required
Job has now expired