New opportunity not to be missed! Weir Minerals have an exciting opportunity for a Plant Manager to join our team based in Todmorden. We are offering the successful candidate a competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
Weir Minerals Europe is part of the Weir Group plc, the business has been established for over 100 years and is a world leader in the design and manufacture of pumps, valves, cyclones, vibrating screen machines, crushers and other associated equipment for the mining and minerals processing industries. The company has seen significant sustained revenue growth with output rising from £31million to circa £135million within the last 6 years. Based in the North West of England we are a well established company that is growing year on year. Our organisation currently has 800 employees throughout Europe with over 400 based in Todmorden, Lancashire.
As our Plant Manager you will be responsible for the day to day leadership of the facility and driving continuous improvement in the operational performance with regards to Safety, People, Productivity, Quality, Cost & Delivery. You will also be responsible for leading their team in achieving the highest levels of customer satisfaction and Operational Excellence.
Key responsibilities as our Plant Manager:
- Drive continual improvements in site safety.
- Achieve budget targets: Output, Cost control, Drive productivity improvements across the operations, Quality targets
- Maintain the highest standards with regards to 6S across the site
- Develop and coach the team
- Effectively manage intercompany customer relationships
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of the Plant, covering all segments of plant operations including: Safety, Production, Maintenance and Quality Control
- Ensure achievement of set operations targets
- Develop the full potential of the site
- Continuously define and implement improvement plans to optimize quality, productivity, cost and delivery
- Lead continuous improvement efforts
- Ensure succession planning takes place in key roles within Operations
Our ideal Plant Manager:
- A minimum of 7-10 years experience in plant management
- Previous proven Leadership experience in a large Manufacturing facility
- Exposure to the manufacturing of mining equipment would be advantageous but not essential
- Strong leadership qualities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead change
- Commercially astute
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to move in and out of detail with ease
- Desire and drive for results
- Break down departmental barriers and build effective teams
- Effective communicator with the ability to articulate ideas at all levels
- Ability to solve problems/troubleshoot various issues including safety, quality, maintenance and production
- Analytical and can perform root cause analysis and corrective actions across the plant
- Confident and assertive
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management capabilities.
- Six sigma / lean qualifications.
- A Degree in Engineering/Manufacturing or Business Management
In return we offer the following salary and benefits:
- Private health Cover
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Employee Benefits Scheme
- Pension Scheme
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, click ‘Apply’ now to become our Plant Manager
3 weeks ago