You will be part of the pensions team, administering Asda’s pension plans and life assurance scheme, ensuring contributions and benefits are paid correctly and helping our colleagues and former colleagues with any pensions queries they have. We have an open defined contribution plan and a closed defined benefit plan covering, in total, over 100,000 colleagues. Measured by active members, the open defined contribution scheme is the one of the largest employer DC plans in the UK. Asda spends a lot of money on this part of the reward package so it is vital that the plans are well run.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Sorting incoming post (on a rota basis), including scanning and matching to member records
- Dealing confidently with members via telephone, email and face-to-face
- Respond to all requests for retirement/leaving service information accurately and on time (within agreed SLAs) including manual calculations of benefits
- Check calculations, payments and correspondence completed by other administrators for accuracy to ensure colleagues are paid in line with their entitlement
- Obtain and analyse information to make recommendations for Trustee decision making on the distribution of death benefits
- Make all payments of death benefits accurately and on time (within SLA)
- Work with pension providers to ensure all colleague queries are answered promptly (within SLAs), accurately and deliver great service
- Process, validate and correct errors on data files so that accurate database is maintained, enabling provision of benefits in line with entitlement
- Validate and submit data files to payroll provider to ensure colleague instructions are implemented accurately and on time
- Reconcile and make payment of pension contributions to pension providers within required timescales
- Prepare files for external printers to ensure all required communications issued to automatically enrolled colleagues within statutory timescales
- Challenge when data appears incorrect on colleague records
- Comply with all current pension regulations
- Excellent attention to detail and good organisational skills
- Good team working skills with a flexible approach to ensure overall team delivery
- Ability to communicate with pension plan members, internal business partners and external pension and payroll providers
- Good excel skills
- Ability to work at pace under pressure
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Administration experience would be beneficial
You’ll receive an excellent benefits package which includes colleague discount, share save scheme & competitive pension. We also like to share our success; after all you made it happen, so every eligible colleague is also part of the Asda bonus scheme. The development opportunities are endless and we’ll support you every step of the way to help further your career.
Join Asda and you won't just be part of a fast-paced culture. You'll be part of a mission to save our customers money every day. It's a simple idea that makes every minute of every day a real adventure. As well as outstanding development, there's the buzzing atmosphere you'd expect in a place where everyone works together because everyone counts.
About the Business Unit
About our Home Office We're very proud of our Yorkshire roots and Asda House, our Home Office, is still in Leeds. The teams at Asda House provide support to all of our stores nationally through many diverse roles. So in the queue for lunch at the onsite restaurant you might find a Buyer, a Solicitor, a Chartered Surveyor, a Project Manager, a Marketing Manager or an Accountant at any one time! There are a wide variety of different departments all working together to support our store colleagues who are out there on the front line, keeping our customers happy and saving them money every day.
This job was originally posted as
Posted 4 days ago