Join the team at Bromley Road as a PartTime Clinical Psychologist, where you will provide specialist psychological assessment and interventions to people with complex and enduring mental health needs. It is essential you have a post graduate doctoral qualification in psychology (or equivalent) and be able to give clinical supervision training for psychology trainees.
You will be able to exercise autonomous professional responsibility for assessments, treatments and discharge of people whose needs are managed by psychologically based care plans and interventions. You will be able to confidently contribute towards clinical, risk assessment and planning interventions to reduce the likelihood of peoples risk to self and others.
Location: 8486 Bromley Road, Catford, London, SE6 2UR
You will work at Bromley Road, a rehabilitation service for men and women with enduring mental health issues, complex needs and complicated addiction problems. We accept service users who have a forensic history and those who are detained under the Mental Health Act 1983, amended 2007.
You will work alongside the multidisciplinary team to deliver positive support and risk reduction strategies, as well as providing opportunities for social inclusion and building skills for independent living. The team at Bromley Road work alongside service users, supporting them in their therapy programmes, building coping strategies and increasing their life skills.
Role Clinical Psychologist
Location Catford, London
Salary £33,000.00 per annum
Hours 22.5 per week
Closing Date 21st November 2019
- To develop comprehensive formulations of peoples need for the purpose of individual and group treatment, using information derived from a variety of sources and drawing upon a range of different explanatory models and approaches; these including gendered and culturally appropriate knowledge bases.
- To provide advice to other professions on psychological aspects of risk assessment and management to inform multidisciplinary decision making about peoples progression and placement needs.
- To employ relevant procedural relational and physical measures to reduce and /or manage risk towards self and others.
- To provide specialist psychological advice to other professions and health care staff regarding the psychological treatment needs of individual and or groups of peoples within or referred to Bromley Road Hospital.
- To provide psychological assessment and therapy to peoples from differential ethnic and cultural backgrounds with varying mental health needs.
- To provide teaching to fellow staff and colleagues to further staff development and improve the service provided.
- To provide advice, consultation and clinical supervision (where agreed) to other healthcare staff regarding specialist area of psychological interventions and /or psychological treatment plans and their implementation.
**To be successful in this role, youll need**
- Registered and accredited with Health Professional Council (HPC) as a practitioner psychologist
- Previous experience working with individuals with enduring psychotic disorders, learning disabilities and personality disorders
- Ability and to engage with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds; sensitivity towards those from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Able to empathise, be supportive and sensitive to the needs of others as well as being able to cope with highly distressing circumstances
- Ability to comfortably and confidently cope well under pressure, with excellent time management skills and an ability to respond constructively to challenge or resistance
- Experience with providing evidence based individual therapies such as CBT for depression, anxiety disorders and psychosis, motivational Interviewing for substance abuse, Distress Tolerance etc.
- Good knowledge of assessment and outcome measures
- Good reportwriting skills and ability to communicate clearly in daily notes and communications with other staff
- Ability to work well as a member of a multidisciplinary team, and to be an active member within the MDT team and ward rounds.
- Willingness to provide support towards other members of the Bromley Road team such as RMNs, HCAs, OT, social Inclusion staff, Assistant Psychologists and Administration staff.
**What you will get**
- Salary of £33,000.00 per annum
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing and much more.
**About your next employer**
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care.
Each and every employee is valued and supported, as everyone has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is only with the dedication, passion and hard work from staff that excellent care programs that truly benefit the service users can be delivered.
With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
*Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each persons individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.*
Advertised through Zoek 1dbfc9d1fe5b4702ac14be794e7aa54e4
Posted 5 days ago