Who are Kïdo?
Kïdo are a network of innovative international nurseries.
We take elements from Montessori, Reggio Emilia and Waldorf Steiner, and combine them with beautiful learning spaces and 21st century technology. Our customised experiences are the most effective way for children to develop their cognitive, social, physical and creative abilities.
Our vision is to create a truly modern Early Years environment that meets the needs of both children and their parents.
We are looking for experienced practitioners to join our thriving school in Chiswick. This position is part-time during the hours of 2PM- 6PM.
What is the role?
Kïdo are on a journey of growth and employ passionate dedicated people as they open more centres and grow quickly.
As an qualified Nursery Practitioner you will be responsible for ensuring that Kïdo are always providing the highest quality of care and education and that the children have a safe and secure learning environment. You’ll work continuously to make sure that you and your team recognise and deliver the needs for every student. You’ll share responsibility for planning, organising and delivering the activities and learning experiences for the children in your room. Support the room team to facilitate the development of children and enable them to reach their full potential, and work together to help ensure that learning outcomes become daily classroom practise.
You’ll work closely the other practitioners in the nursery to ensure that Kïdo are delivering the absolute best that they can and to give recommendations about how they can improve their offerings and to always push the boundaries of excellence.
What will you do?
You'll work closely to support the people in your nursery and you’ll be an ambassador for our values and a gate keeper for our great culture. You will have accountability for the following:
- Team Player – be part of a fantastic team and forge great relationships within your team and everyone in the nursery setting.
- Setting up – you’ll help to create inspiring learning places, utilising indoor and outdoor space.
- Teaching – Be hands on helping to deliver a great learning experience for our children and support the team to meet curriculum aims and objectives. You’ll take the children that do full days for a relaxing afternoon activity.
- Curriculum – help Kïdo to deliver the best and most up to date curriculum for our children
- Relationships – You will encourage open lines of feedback and communication between colleagues, parents and children. You’ll create meaningful relationships within your team and with parents to provide the best service for our families.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the nursery management.
Level 2 qualified or above
Ability to demonstrate high quality teaching
The Kïdo competencies
Salary starting at £18,000 - £20,000
• You will receive 20 days of annual holiday which increases with length of service
• You get your birthday off if it falls on a working day
• Free childcare if your child attends one of our nurseries
• Annual performance related pay reviews
• Company awards and celebrations twice a year
• Access to a health care cash plan
• £150 refer a friend bonus for recommending Kïdo to friends
As part of our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children in our care, the successful candidate is expected to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Kido is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. Kido will ensure that our recruitment procedures meet the standards set out in our safer recruitment policy (available upon request) and our selection criteria prevents unsuitable people from gaining access to children. As part of our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children in our care successful candidates are expected to undergo pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS and barred lists check.
* All applications will be considered in line with the Equality Act 2010
Posted 1 week ago