ShortList Recruitment are looking for an Operations Director to join a leading business in the Warrington area. This is a great role for someone looking to make their mark on a growing business.
The Operations Director will contribute to executive decision making and report to the Managing Director. You should have a technical background, ideally with automation. This role has technical and project accountability for delivery or all projects across a broad portfolio of work. Your responsibilities will include; direction of projects and driving timely solution orientated results; utilising internal technical staff and managing external contractors.
The Operations Director must be an established Project Manager/Director, with a related technological understanding of controls and automation.
Relevant skills for the Operations Director include:
* Electrical, design and Control engineering
* knowledge of Modern Controls Systems Architecture
* coding of PLC software, (with a minimum understanding of current Rockwell and Siemens based systems)
* relevant experience of managing the creation, design, programming and delivery of automation/mechatronic projects from start to finish
* Experience in a direct competitive area would be advantageous, or in a hi-technology solutions, mechatronics or robotics environment
* FMCG factory or Warehousing/Logistics/ecommerce retail clients (or maybe supplying to the automotive/aerospace sectors).
It would be beneficial for the Operations Director to have worked in a high growth environment, and can understand the demands of a developing environment and the need to personally commit and contribute to the overall business needs through delivering on time.
The Operations director should have:
* Proven leadership skills
* Ambition to achieve and aspirations to progress within the business long-term
* Ability to act as a team player and mentor the future potential of the company
* Ability to multi-task and prioritise an intense work-load
* Customer facing skills and negotiation skills
* Ability to communicate from shop floor to board level
The Operations Director role is Based in the Warrington Area, and is commutable from Manchester, Liverpool, Chester, North Wales and Crewe.
The salary on offer for the Operations Director is up to £70,000 for the right person, and includes an attractive benefits package.
ShortList Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
ShortList specialise in the full spectrum of IT positions, from CIO to Helpdesk Analyst, on both a permanent and contract basis
1 day ago