As part of national expansion of Liaison Mental Health services to 'Core24', we are pleased to offer an exciting innovation opportunity for Mental Health Occupational Therapists to work in the acute trust emergency department and ward setting.
Working as part of a dynamic Multi-Disciplinary Team, you will work at the interface between physical and mental health across inpatient hospital wards and in our Emergency Department. You will work across working age and older adult Liaison Psychiatry Teams.
We are looking for a dynamic and tenacious OT practitioner who enjoy rapid assessment/ crisis work and working with a diversity of clinical presentations.
The role will be working as part of a multidisciplinary Mental Health Liaison Team to facilitate timely discharge, and reduce multiple attendances of clients with complex mental health, physical health and social care needs. There will also be opportunities to develop outreach/ follow up activities and work with individuals in their own homes to achieve these goals.
Applicants must have substantial experience of mental health work, preferably some with older adults. Previous liaison mental health or acute trust experience is highly desirable.
About the location:
Our Trust headquarters is located at Denmark Hill less than 5 minutes from the train station (zone 2). We also provide services and operate across other locations, such as London boroughs of Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark; and substance misuse services for residents of Bexley, Lambeth, Greenwich and Wandsworth.
We are committed to ensuring our staff get the most out of their benefits package and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. There is an extensive range of excellent benefits for you and your family. We want you to feel like you are part of a close knit team at SLaM. It’s important to us that you valued and appreciated and that are why we have a comprehensive benefits package on offer
Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
• Generous pay, pensions and leave,we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
• Work life balance,flexible working and support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working and job sharing.
• Career development,There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
• Car lease,our staff benefits from competitive deals to lease cars
• Accommodation,our staff benefits from keyworker housing available which is available on selected sites
• NHS discounts,with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
Other benefits include:
• Counselling services
• Wellbeing events
• Long service awards
• Cycle to work scheme
• Season ticket loan
• Childcare vouchers
• Staff restaurants
We look forward to receiving your application.
Interview Dates will be on the 26th and 27th of February.
This advert closes on Friday 14 Feb 2020
Posted 4 days ago