Occupational Health & Wellbeing Advisor - Wigston & Ashby de la Zouch, UK
- Would you like a new challenge for the New Year?
- Are you a registered nurse and love working in occupational health?
Legislation within the field of occupational health is constantly developing and the medico-legal and ethical implications are often complex. It is crucial to the business that proactive measures are undertaken to enhance the health of all employees and to reduce the effect of ill-health and disability.
Working at the Ashby de la Zouch & Wigston
The role holder will report directly to the Occupational Health & Wellbeing Manager UK and will work closely with HR & HRSC, the Compliance Team and line managers to ensure that a comprehensive occupational health service is delivered at site, including case management and health surveillance and screening programmes.
The role holder will also support the wider OHW Team in ensuring the triage of all management referrals and delivering the service objectives.
- Provide a comprehensive case management service for both sites, inclusive of servicing management referral requests; rehabilitation and return to work programmes and ensure appropriate reporting and communication to managers and all relevant functions.
- Ensure the triage process is managed and adopted by relevant, appointed OHW team members and Monday - Friday service provision delivery is maintained. Make sure statistical & anecdotal information is collated and escalation of any issues are highlighted/managed
- Conduct appropriate health screening and surveillance procedures as required, trending and analyzing data to provide site management teams with information and recommendations for appropriate action planning, meeting reporting deadlines.
- Conduct drug testing if required in line with company policy
- Maintain occupational health records via the OHS management system.
- Management of first aid provision and development of First Aid service, ensuring medical & first aid supplies are effectively managed with the ordering and maintenance of stock.
- Ensure compliance with OHW Service standards, policies and procedures
- Support the UK delivery of the Health & Wellbeing agenda both at site level and across the business in support of the wider OHW team
- Good Verbal & Non Verbal Communication skills
- PC literate - Microsoft office
- Knowledge of UK Health and Safety legislation
- Conversant with NMC Code of Professional Conduct and relevant Guidance
- Working within a multi-discipline team
- Previous screening experience - audiometry, Spirometry, vision screening, drug testing, urinalysis, BP, BMI etc
- Counselling skills
- First Aid
- Experience with OH management systems
- RGN Level 1 with 5 years post registration experience & 2+ years in OH
- Active registration with NMC
- Previous case management experience
- Previous screening experience
- NEBOSH or similar
- Practice Mentor Qualification
- Policy Writing Skills
- Supporting business change
Job has now expired