Night Warehouse Operative
World Courier designs world-class logistics and supply chain programs in complete alignment with customers’ business goals. With 2,500+ associates across 50+ countries in 140+ company-owned offices, World Courier delivers ultimate peace of mind for the transport and storage of time- and temperature-sensitive products. For more than 45 years, only World Courier has delivered the unsurpassed knowledge, global reach and flawless supply chain execution needed to become the most trusted specialty logistics company in the world. For more information, visit .
World Courier is part of AmerisourceBergen. AmerisourceBergen provides pharmaceutical products, value-driving services and business solutions that improve access to care. Tens of thousands of healthcare providers, veterinary practices and livestock producers trust us as their partner in the pharmaceutical supply chain. Global manufacturers depend on us for services that drive commercial success for their products. Through our daily work — and powered by our 21,000 associates — we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. AmerisourceBergen is ranked #11 on the Fortune 500, with more than $150 billion in annual revenue. The company is headquartered in Valley Forge, Pa. and has a presence in 50+ countries. Learn more at .
Job Description and Requirements
An opportunity has become available for a Night Warehouse Operative, to join the Export Team based at the Feltham office near Heathrow. Night shift will be between 19.30 pm and 05.30 am, you will be required to work an 8 hour shift between these times.
The role involves the timely and accurate processing of shipments that pass through the warehouse facility, and communicating with other departments to ensure all shipment deadlines are met.
The successful applicant will have good customer service skills and a flexible approach to tasks according to business requirements. You will be a self starter and able to work independently or as part for a team and have an eye for detail, even when working under pressure. You will be able to follow precise instructions, and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing as well as being a competent IT user.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using World Star, Optiview, and INET.
- Loading and unloading of vehicles.
- Stock checking of all packaging materials
- Replenishing dry ice and gel packs and correctly logging the requirements.
- Reporting any damaged shipments
- Maintaining records of all shipments on ‘hold’ and ensuring that they are kept within the correct temperature parameters.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and tidy environment
- This role may occasionally require the holder to drive or to assist with deliveries to freight sheds.
Experience and Personal Attributes:
- Able to follow procedures & instructions
- Good communication skills – verbal & written
- Good MS Word and Excel Skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Self motivated
- §emains Calm under pressure
- Flexible attitude
- Previous warehouse experience would advantageous
- Forklift licence would be advantageous, but not essential as training will be provided.
All applicants must hold a clean UK drivers licence and be eligible to work in the UK:
This job was originally posted as
4 weeks ago