We are currently looking for an NPD Assistant to join our team. Reporting to the Product Development Manager you will assist with the launch of new products from concept through to launch.
Main duties include:
* To assist the Product Development Manager on all new and existing product development projects
* To assist in recipe development using recipe sheets and sample materials to develop and send finished samples to our customers
* Carry out taste panel testing trials for existing and new products developed as part of the development process
* To liaise with suppliers in sourcing of new raw materials, costings and ensuring our administration is up to date with correct ingredient specifications
* To assist with the creation of finished product specification sheets for customers.
* Provide samples requested by customers on time, with supporting paperwork including preliminary specification details.
* Communicating effectively with various departments to achieve project objectives
* Participating in benchmarking reviews and quality checks of products and raw materials
* Developing new products & offering CI solutions by using knowledge of factory processes
* Following all BRC, HACCP requirements during NPD work activities
* Organising & implementing factory trials and supporting NPD Manager in other tasks to achieve on-time & efficient launches
* Communicating the outcomes & next steps following factory trials (e.g. new products, raw materials, packaging or processes) to the relevant teams
* Accurate completion of all documentation associated with NPD process (e.g. trial documents, sensory evaluation, shelf life review, recipe mix sheets etc.)
* Using a bespoke databases and Microsoft Excel.
* General administrative support duties where required.
* Complying with company health and safety policies and working practices to ensure a safe and hygienic working environment.
* To research ingredients that could be useful within recipe development
* Stock management of new and current development ingredients used in the kitchen
* Ensure ingredients are available from the factory and suppliers for product development sample making
* Any other reasonable tasks that are required as part of the needs of the business
* Studied a Food related course – College or University Degree level
* Demonstrate a natural creative flair and passion for food creation and development
* A real foodie and loves trying new ingredients
* Good understanding of food to go products and loves sandwiches!
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and attention to detail
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
* Experience of working in a kitchen is desirable
* Full UK Driving Licence
Full time working 40 hrs per week.
If you believe you can fit the above criteria and have an excellent work ethic then we are very interested in hearing from you.
Due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, unfortunately we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job
Posted 2 weeks ago