If you are analytical, have a customer mindset, can think creatively and are ready to take on a new challenge, Modular Planning could be the team for you! Based in our home office in Leeds, our General Merchandise (GM) Modular Planning team create merchandise briefs to aid our stores to implement our GM products including George Home, Toys, Festive Electronics and Gardening.
As a Modular Planner, you will merchandise our GM products and find ways to change the look and feel of our modulars to inspire our customers and to maximise store sales. This is an exciting opportunity for you to gain an insight into how a product transitions from an idea through to the customer’s basket. The role is varied and is a great area to get your teeth into and progress your career. You should have a talent for thinking analytically and creatively, with good Excel & MS Office skills.
You’ll be responsible for:
You will be an innovator with the ability to think analytically and creatively to drive the display of products to their best through the use of kit and on shelf solutions. Whether it’s a ranged category or Promotions and Events e.g. Christmas, you will work cross functionally with the trading teams to deliver new products to our customers. You will:
- Organise and facilitate live builds to deliver increased sales and profit
- Apply creative thinking to products of various shapes and sizes and pull them together into a collective display
- Create modulars that are simple for stores to implement and visually impactful to our customers
- Develop merchandising kit solutions that are innovative, effective and simple to implement
- Present your build to cross functional groups at our Merchandising Centre of Excellence
- Work closely with the trading, supply and operations teams to adhere to multiple critical paths
- Visiting stores to gain insight into our customers shopping habits alongside understanding how our store operations work
- Apply insight and learnings from store visits and insight reports about our customers and how they shop our stores
- Create accurate store briefs using agreed merchandising principles
- Influence strategic decisions and deliver ASDA’s commercial principles
You will be working cross functionally across the business therefore being an excellent communicator is important along with being a committed team player. Ideally, you will have experience within retail or a retail head office in a Merchandising/ Visual Merchandiser role. You will:
- Demonstrate a flexible approach and show initiative
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Work cross-functionally with excellent influencing skills
- Organisational skills with the ability to manage workload to meet deadlines
- Work under your own initiative and at pace, as well as within a team
- A talent for thinking analytically and creatively
- Passion for the customer
- Ability to present at all levels
- Good use of Microsoft office applications especially Excel
Your benefits: You’ll receive an excellent benefits package which includes colleague discount, share save scheme & competitive pension. We also like to share our success; after all you made it happen, so every eligible colleague is also part of the Asda bonus scheme. The development opportunities are endless and we’ll support you every step of the way to help further your career.
Join Asda and you won't just be part of a fast-paced culture. You'll be part of a mission to save our customers money every day. It's a simple idea that makes every minute of every day a real adventure. As well as outstanding development, there's the buzzing atmosphere you'd expect in a place where everyone works together because everyone counts.
About the Business Unit
About our Home Office We're very proud of our Yorkshire roots and Asda House, our Home Office, is still in Leeds. The teams at Asda House provide support to all of our stores nationally through many diverse roles. So in the queue for lunch at the onsite restaurant you might find a Buyer, a Solicitor, a Chartered Surveyor, a Project Manager, a Marketing Manager or an Accountant at any one time! There are a wide variety of different departments all working together to support our store colleagues who are out there on the front line, keeping our customers happy and saving them money every day.
This job was originally posted as
Job has now expired