Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Portsmouth - £55,000-£60,000
A global manufacturer of Aerospace components in the Portsmouth area is seeking a Manufacturing Engineering to join their long-established team.
This position is a critical role within the business, as the successful candidates will be tasked with ensuring business performance plans are achieved through development of robust manufacturing processes and product quality. Successful candidates will have ideally worked in Manufacturing Engineering, with thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes and new product introduction.
This opportunity is open to applicants with recent experience in some of the following positions; Works Manager, Production Engineering Manager, Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Production Manager, Works Manager and Manufacturing Manager.
- Performance Management, coaching and mentoring of Site Manufacturing Engineers.
- Implement and sustain the companies Technical Excellence Policies and procedures.
- Monitors and controls quality issues and risks at the site business level.
- Lead Continuous Improvement efforts to define and implement manufacturing process control improvements.
- Support development of business plans to justify and implement automated processes to improve process controls and reduce costs within the businesses.
- Support New Product Introduction.
- Interface with Customers and 3rd Parties on escalated issues.
- Ensures compliance with Export Control regulations in ME & Quality.
- Will have previous experience working in a Manufacturing Management / Production Management role.
- Will ideally have experience working in the Aerospace industry, however, other industry backgrounds will also be considered.
- Will have experience driving improvements within a business, with thorough knowledge of processes such as 8D's.
- Will have experience of manufacturing engineering processes.
Salary - £55,000-£60,000
Working Hours - 7:30-16:15 (Monday - Friday)
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Alternate Fridays off work (work a 9 day fortnight)
Pension - 12%
Business performance related bonus
WR Engineering & Manufacturing are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering sales jobs and manufacturing jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job has now expired