Logistics Coordinator (Warehouse) – Expediting and Goods Inwards
Héroux-Devtek is an international company specialising in the design, development, manufacture, integration, testing and repair and overhaul of landing gear and actuation systems and components for the Aerospace market. Founded in 1942, the business has a rich history which includes manufacturing the landing gear for the Apollo Lunar Module which landed on the moon’s surface in 1969.
Why apply for this Logistics Coordinator (Warehouse) role with Héroux-Devtek?
We pride ourselves on looking after our staff and providing a good working environment and benefits package, which includes:
* An attractive salary, level dependent on experience
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Company pension scheme
* Salary sacrifice healthcare scheme
This is a permanent, full time position, working Monday to Thursday 8:15am to 5pm and Friday, 8:15am to 1:45pm.
What will this role of Logistics Coordinator (Warehouse) entail?
As a Logistics Coordinator, you will be based within a busy warehouse environment where you’ll be responsible for arranging the logistics for product dispatch. Much of your role will be office-based, undertaking administrative tasks, but you will also be expected to take a hands-on approach to receiving, moving, packing, labelling and dispatching orders to meet customer requirements. Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
* Interfacing with sub-contractors and material suppliers on day-to-day basis
* Providing feedback as necessary to stake holders, improving dates as required and maintaining others, updating of ERP system
* Ensuring all paperwork for deliveries are tracked to completion
* Planning of all transport activities, keeping records and operating within budget constraints
* Measuring and monitoring of supplier performance
* Improvement of lean manufacturing activities
* Assisting with exports transport and associated paperwork
* Booking finished parts to stock and raising Certificate of Conformities
* Raising warehouse transfers / returns release
* Raising requisitions and purchase orders
* Shop floor part expediting
You will also be required to provide goods inward support as needed during peak times and in the case of absences which will involve:
* Booking in of all receipts and packing of all sub-contract work
* Packing of all finished goods to customer requirements, including labelling
* Sorting of all test pieces for heat treat
* Unloading of materials / deliveries and storing of all materials in a controlled manner
* Issuing of all materials to route cards
What will I need in order to be considered for this Logistics Coordinator (Warehouse) role?
* Proven administration experience working within a fast-paced goods in and logistics role
* Full UK driving licence
* A self-starter, who is able to work under own initiative, with good communication skills
* IT literate, with working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Although not essential, a Forklift Truck licence would be advantageous. Master production scheduling would also be advantageous, although not essential. Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate must be comfortable undertaking manual handling tasks
Location: Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottingham
More about Héroux-Devtek:
Héroux-Devtek’s global reputation for quality and reliability exists thanks to the achievements of its employees, and the business truly believes in providing employees with continuous training and professional development and fosters a strong entrepreneurial culture where each team member has a distinct role to play in the success of the business.
All applications for this Logistics Coordinator (Warehouse / Goods in / Export) vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
Job has now expired