On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Licensed Animal Technician to join a preclinical pharmacology team. The successful candidate will work with the team to generate and maintain preclinical mouse models of human cancer and may also be involved in testing the models for response to therapy.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 19th December.
This is a fixed term contract until March 2022.
- Home Office Licence modules 1-3 is essential
- BSc in a life science subject, or equivalent
- Previous experience working in a laboratory setting
- Experience in carrying out routine scientific procedures and some experimental/technical skills
- A general knowledge of cancer and knowledge with mouse models of cancer
- Some experience in cancer research or working with in vivo cancer models is desirable
Duties and Responsibilities:
- After appropriate training and obtaining a Home Office Personal Licence (if not already in possession), generate preclinical mouse models of cancer using experimental procedures covering pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic analyses of new anticancer drugs. All duties will be in accordance with the Animal (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986.
- After discussion with supervisors perform agreed scientific projects, report back results and help with the interpretation.
- Assist in a range of administrative tasks and undertake laboratory housekeeping duties as required
- Produce data output as directed by a senior member of staff
- Be a member of the rota for weekend and bank holiday cover of ongoing in vivo experiments.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.
This job was originally posted as
Posted 2 days ago