Licensed Animal Technician with DART
Get ready to redefine what’s possible and discover your exceptional potential at Covance.
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples’ lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Join us as we speed the delivery of ground breaking therapies and anticipate tomorrow’s drug development challenges, while building new possibilities for our clients—and your career.
Covance, the drug development business of LabCorp, is the world’s most comprehensive drug development services company. Because of our broad experience, from early research to commercialization, our more than 20,000 employees are in a rare position to supply insights that go above and beyond testing. Our team’s impact on healthcare is remarkable. Through their everyday work they’ve supported 100% of the top 50 drugs on the market and all the oncology drugs approved in 2016. Even though we span multiple businesses, we operate as one, sharing our knowledge to improve our efficiency and deliver on the promise of a healthier world.
We are currently recruiting for 2 Licensed Animal Technicians with DART (developmental and reproductive toxicology) experience.
This role is a full-time position based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
We are striving to become a centre of excellence within DART and being part of ground breaking research.
What would you do, when you become our new Licensed Animal Technician?
- You will be covering all life phases within the DART work and you will be involved in a large variety of studies, clients and techniques.
- Attend conferences and/or external meetings to further develop in your career and your training program will be specially developed after your own skill set.
- Join the team at an exciting time where we are looking to expand our DART team and you will have the ability to specialize in behavioral testing, Morris Maze or the Auditory Startle Reflex to mention a few.
The main focus of the role is within the day to day husbandry/care of animals within the Animal House Operations and the collection/ recording of scientific data.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Performing regulated procedures under UK legislation and maintains technical competences. (including a significant number of Level 1 and Level 2 procedures). For example litter data, estro smear, juvenal dosing and embryo fetal development.
- Assisting with routine surgical procedures as necessary.
- Working in conjunction with Study Associates and Team Leaders to ensure efficient scheduling of level 1 & 2 study related procedures.
- Communicating specific technical requirements to team members working on allocated studies.
- Ensuring all technical aspects of the study is performed in compliance with the study protocol, departmental & company procedures.
- Maintaining technical equipment and associated documentation in accordance with client/regulatory expectations.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and in particular those relating to Animal Welfare, GLP and Health & Safety.
- Actively participating in the mentoring of new Team Members, to provide training in pre licensed baseline techniques and procedures as well as training level 1 procedures.
What you should have to shine in this role?
- Previous experience of working with animals within the full life phase and ideally within the reproductive phase. Experience in Juvenal dosing would be highly beneficial.
- We could also consider candidates with experience in reproduction from a breeding facility that have an interest in research.
- Proficient in both Maths and English; gained through either academic study or professional work experience
- Education in BTEC National/Higher National Diploma or relevant degree
- A Home Office Personal License
- The ability to work within a team and meet deadlines.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
This job was originally posted as
4 months ago