Our client based in Bath are looking for a Legal Secretary to join their team.
* Diligently and conscientiously undertake client business in accordance with the appropriate professional standard and to maintain such standards at all times. Such work to also be in accordance with the firm's QRMS and under the direct supervision of the Department Head.
* Produce correspondence notes and forms required for your matters on the firm's equipment and to ensure that the standard and quality of work produced is that of a professional office and in accordance with the firm's QRMS. Any legal work may not be transmitted outside of the Firm without the express approval of the Department Head.
* Accurately record all chargeable time spent at the firm's office and on firm's business outside of the office by entering such time on the firm's computer system on a daily basis.
* Attend and contribute to the Department meetings and any other such other meetings as may be required by the Partners.
* Co-operate with the firm's training scheme.
* Cover for other employees when reasonably asked to do so.
* Perform your duties in accordance with the firm's QRMS and any other such duties that may reasonably be asked.
* Maintain, improve and broaden your skills and knowledge relating to your current position and any future requirements.
* Take an interest in your department's legal matters generally, and specific activities of the clients.
* Bring to your Partner's attention and to the attention of any other appropriate person in the firm, any circumstances which may give rise to a complaint, or claim against the firm, or breach of the Money Laundering Regulations.
* Produce all letters, forms and documents for Fee Earners as required for the operation of their files and any other duties they are performing for the firm.
* Receive and make telephone calls to the clients, taking messages, handling minor matters that do not involve legal advice, making appointments where required.
* Assist in the routine administration of files.
* Handle personal callers to the firm as requested.
* Cover for Fee Earners when called upon to do so or when a Fee Earner is absent or engaged.
* Cover for other Legal Secretaries when reasonably asked to do so.
* Perform the Secretarial and Personal Assistant duties in accordance with the firm's QRMS and any other duties that may reasonably be asked.
* Assist with billing, costing, closing and archiving of files as directed.
* Maintain a tidy and organised working environment.
* Maintain the reputation of the firm and promote the firm and its services wherever possible.
Should this role be of interest to you, please send us a copy of your CV or call Bee on for further details.
Simple Recruitment (South West) Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency where this vacancy is concerned.
Job has now expired