Job Title: Learning Support worker
Location: South West london
Pay rate: £9.97p/h increases to £11.43 after 12 weeks
Hours: Flexible (Mon-Fri)
Duration: Temp (Term time only)
Our REED Further Education branch are currently working with a great College in the South West London area who will be recruiting for a high demand of experienced learning support workers.
The successful candidate will be vibrant, passionate and determined to have a positive impact on the learner’s success. This role would be ideal for graduates or those that need extra income.
Today, over 21,000 students are enrolled at the College, and government funded courses like BTEC Nationals and A-levels are free for 16-19 year olds. Our client’s vocational courses are designed to give excellent training and maximise the potential of students looking to further their skill set.
Our REED Further Education branch are currently working with a variety of Colleges in the South West London area who will be recruiting for a high demand of experienced Learning Support Assistants.
The successful candidate will be vibrant, passionate and determined to have a positive impact on the learner’s success. You would have had recent experience working with learners with learning difficulties and disabilities and supported both 1:1 basis and in small groups.
The roles and responsibilities for the position include:
• Providing support to individual and small groups of learners in a Further Education setting.
• Use routine supervision to support learners, including those who have physical, emotional or educational needs.
• Encourage learners to interact and work co-operatively with others to ensure each is engaged on the set task.
• Observe and report on learners performance and update relevant records at agreed time intervals if required
What you will need:
• Previous experience supporting learners with learning difficulties and disabilities (Desirable but not essential)
• Minimum Level 2 Maths & English or equivalent
• Good organisation and communication skills
• Clear enhanced DBS or willing complete one
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Access to pension scheme
• Weekly Pay for all candidates
• Continual Professional Development
• Dedicated and fully trained consultants, here to promote and develop our staff
• Long Term and permanent vacancy focus
• Permanent vacancy access to .uk, the UK’s largest, most visited online jobsite.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
Job has now expired