Do you have previous Data Analysis experience along with knowledge of using reporting tools? If so, then we would love to hear from you.
The Data team has dramatically grown over the past few years and we are now up to a team of around 20 colleagues. You’ll report into the BI & Analytics Development manager within the Technology team and work very closely with the business and our third parties. We’re looking for an individual who is able to interpret business requirements into technical tasks / actions and communicate to our third parties.
You’ll have previous experience of using reporting tools and here at Asda we use Microsoft SSRS, Alteryx, SSAS Tabular Model, PowerBI and Tableau. Don’t worry if you haven’t used these exact reporting tools, as full training will be provided and you’ll have full access to an online training tool.
Whilst this is an 18 – 24 month fixed term contract, our Technology team is expanding every year and you could be presented with a number of opportunities along the way.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Determining and documenting data, business Intelligence and analytical requirements for solutions, ensuring they are fit-for-purpose and meet the business objectives.
- Developing and delivering visualisations and semantic models using Microsoft SSRS, Alteryx, SSAS Tabular Model, PowerBI and Tableau.
- Using knowledge and experience to support business users with the use of self-service analytics tools, including user training on the Analytics strategic toolset.
- Managing change requests to requirements, responding to queries, investigating and providing answers to business customers or developers.
- Investigating data sources, data quality and availability.
- Actively participating in Agile project teams as the Product owner, a Developer or a specialist role, working cross-functionally with colleagues from the Asda Technology team and the wider business.
- Support the innovation of new internal / external technologies and data sources alongside existing data, identifying opportunities for these to be implemented and analysed across the business.
- Deliver ad hoc requests as requested by Line Manager
What you’ll need:
Previous experience working as a Data Analyst along with working knowledge of reporting tools. Ideally you’ll have previous SQL experience, but this is highly desirable and not essential.
You’ll receive an excellent benefits package which includes colleague discount off your shopping, share save scheme, bonus scheme, free parking, competitive pension and discount off selected gyms. We fully support flexible working and you’ll also have the opportunity to work from home and a regular basis.
Join Asda and you won't just be part of a fast-paced culture. You'll be part of a mission to save our customers money every day. It's a simple idea that makes every minute of every day a real adventure. As well as outstanding development, there's the buzzing atmosphere you'd expect in a place where everyone works together because everyone counts.
About the Business Unit
About our Home Office We're very proud of our Yorkshire roots and Asda House, our Home Office, is still in Leeds. The teams at Asda House provide support to all of our stores nationally through many diverse roles. So in the queue for lunch at the onsite restaurant you might find a Buyer, a Solicitor, a Chartered Surveyor, a Project Manager, a Marketing Manager or an Accountant at any one time! There are a wide variety of different departments all working together to support our store colleagues who are out there on the front line, keeping our customers happy and saving them money every day.
This job was originally posted as
Posted 1 week ago