Your IT Apprenticeship in Wigan delivered by NowSkills
As an IT Apprentice, you will be working in an fast-paced and experienced company based in Wigan who are looking to hire one enthusiastic person to join a skilled team of expanding IT Technicians. In your Apprenticeship you will work a long side the IT manager who will help you to develop the skills you need to prosper as an IT Apprentice and in the long term.
why not join hundreds of successful NowSkills Apprentices and take the first step in your IT career. 100% of NowSkills apprentices have jobs from day one of the apprenticeship programme.
Your IT Apprenticeship responsibilities
This is a paid learning employment opportunity to earn whilst you learn in an IT Apprenticeship during and after your IT Apprenticeship your duties will include:
- Diagnosing and resolving software and hardware incidents, including operating systems. (Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications.
- Assisting staff with any logged IT related incident when called upon.
- Accurately recording, updating and documenting requests using the IT service desk system.
- Installing and configuring new IT equipment.
IT Apprenticeship with NowSkills: Kick-start your IT Career today!
NowSkills are an experienced and dedicated geeky team who are trained to find and fill IT support Apprenticeships with young learners within the North West of England. We work exclusively with some of the UK's leading IT Apprenticeships employers.
Interested? This IT Apprenticeship's qualifying requirements
- Grades A-C in GCSE Maths & English Language (can include equivalent e.g. Functional Skills Level 2 or A-Levels)
- Passion for IT and computers
- Good communication skills
- Hungry to succeed in the IT industry
- Enjoy student discounts from technology to fashion
- 20% off the job training time
- Extra vendor qualifications
- Extra perks and bonuses
IT Apprenticeship typical working hours
Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm (1 hour lunch break)
How does an IT Apprenticeship in work? (You don't pay to do your Apprenticeship!)
Your IT Apprenticeship is a government funded training course where you are employed as an IT Apprentice and paid by a local employer in the IT support industry, During your 15-month placement NowSkills will support you with a range of training courses and mentoring allowing you to pass industry recognized vendor examinations.
What kind of training will you receive?
Training will take place in our classroom locations, online and face to face with our mentors. Your employer's line manager will also support you and teach you skills.
During your IT Apprenticeship, you will be assigned a supportive and well experienced tutor who will provide tasks and targets to you to help you obtain the best possible grade.
Qualifications you will receive (varies with the employer's projects)
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Network Fundamentals
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Mobility and Devices Fundamentals
- Microsoft Technology Associate: CompTIA Network +
- Microsoft Technology Admin
- CIW Internet Business Associate
- MTA HTML 5 Application Development Fundamentals
- Enabling Office 365 Services
Future Prospects - Why an IT Apprenticeship?
If you're a problem solver with a keen interest in IT an IT Apprenticeship could be the right choice for you! An IT Apprenticeship will help you to gain the qualifications, skills, a salary, no student debt and the work experience you need to prosper in the IT industry.
Below are just a few examples of the kind of roles you could head into after your IT Apprenticeship and the kind of salary you could receive:
- Network Manager: £30,000 - £35,000 a year
- Infrastructure Assistant Manager: £29,000 a year
- Help-desk Team Leader - £21,500 a year
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job has now expired