ob Title: Infotainment & Connectivity Application Engineer x 2
Location: Dunton, Essex
Rate: £23.00 ph Ltd Co (increases to £29.14 under AWR's after 12 weeks)
Employment Type: Contract (12 month)
**Infotainment & Connectivity Application Engineer x 2**
Working in the Electrical Engineering department on current and future models of the Commercial vehicle lines - market leaders in the UK for over 25 years. The Infotainment section of the Upper Body Electronics (UBE) team has responsibility for applying a large number of electronic systems and components to Commercial vehicles. The job involves a mix of process and administration work in the early program phases, relating to supplier selection, sourcing, management of data including cost and CAD, and requires working with purchase/buyers, finance, marketing, and other engineering teams to deliver to various program milestones. This then evolves to more engineering-focused delivery covering quality, component, system and vehicle testing; finally resulting in successful engineering sign-off and launch in the manufacturing plants around the globe.
Specific tasks include:
* Generate Engineering Statements of Work, Requests for Quotation, Engineering Concepts
* Lead Team of 4 mtgs with cost estimating team, finance, purchase, engineering
* Manage client’s Design Verification System
* Complete Failure Mode Analysis for specified components
* WERS releasing
* 5D/8D generation
* Health-chart management (program milestones)
* Conduct PMST mtgs with suppliers
* Work/engage with other PMTs to align on design at respective milestones
* Meet deliverables in-line with GPDS
* Travel/ on-site support at vehicle assembly plant(s) as required
* Support current production vehicle quality issues and engineering changes, especially on a global basis This position will also be expected to manage overall quality status for infotainment & connectivity team
* Demonstrated excellent Project Management / Co-ordination skills.
* Good Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
* Knowledge of component development (including software development), control and tracking processes
* Problem and issue analysis
* Experience of CAN tools including CANalyser, CANoe, and/or CANDB++ Able to run autonomously with minimal supervisory intervention
* Actively drive issue resolution to conclusion
* Experience of Vehicle Electrical Network Systems
* Experience of client’s Product Development processes including GPDS.
* Experience of engineering processes and tools e.g. eFDVS, FTEP, FMEA, 8D, FMEA, FIP, ASAP, WERS.
* Proven track record that demonstrates ability to get up to speed in short time.
* The candidate must a valid driving license for use in the UK, mainland Europe and the ability to travel without restriction to mainland Europe and to any of the client’s development sites or Manufacturing locations worldwide.
* Demonstrated experience in automotive Electrical/Electronic Systems. Experience in quality related roles is preferred
* HND/HNC in Engineering - Electrical preferred
* Engineering Degree - Electrical preferred
Do not miss out on your chance of interview – APPLY NOW!
Our Clients are unable to provide sponsorship for Tier 2 General Visas; therefore, only candidates eligible to work in the UK need apply!
Caresoft Global Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency.
We are an independent highly-experienced recruitment consultancy dedicated to specialist markets within the Automotive, Aerospace, Agricultural & Construction Industries.
No terminology within this advert is intended to unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, race or disability and we welcome all applications
Posted 4 days ago