Permanent, Full Time
Our Kingston International Study Centre is looking for a Head of STEM to provide the leadership and vision to deliver excellent student outcomes; quality assurance and enhancement that is commended by the QAA; and curriculum innovation which embeds strong collaborative working with both the University and the Study Group network of ISCs.
You will be responsible for leading and supporting the academic team of STEM. Reporting to the Deputy Head of Centre, you will work closely with senior colleagues within and outside of the Centre and be accountable for the delivery of contractually required progression rates to the University.
The successful candidate will have recent successful line academic management experience in STEM and have proven ability to engage with external stakeholders in collaborative developments.
- Communicate our vision to drive forward continuous improvement and enable the Centre to achieve the aspirational targets for student outcomes.
- Communicate our vision for the development of the academic partnership with the host university, including appropriate articulation routes that maximise opportunities for recruitment to the Centre.
- Communicate our vision for the development of programme pathways to meet the overall strategic aims of the college as an effective, attractive and high quality pathway to UK HE.
- Contribute to planning and development including human resources; academic development; learning, teaching and assessment; and academic quality assurance and enhancement, as part of the Centre Management Team (CMT).
- Attend and actively contribute to relevant University partnership Boards and Committees, work with University colleagues through approved liaison points and report regularly on these through the college deliberative and management structures.
- Taking responsibility for academic standards, the quality of learning opportunities, the accuracy and completeness of published information, ensuring that they are managed appropriately and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Centre.
- Contribute to ensuring that the Centre's Quality Assurance framework is implemented across all academic teams and lead on the development of the relevant sections in the Annual Monitoring Report.
- Experience of providing leadership in a complex multi-disciplinary environment, with evidence of success.
- Experience of delivering outstanding Learning, Teaching and Assessment in STEM subjects at Level 3.
- Experience of Curriculum development.
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Posted 3 days ago