Head of Business Cases - £750 P/D (Inside IR35)
Your new company
I am working with a leading NHS body who are looking to recruit a Head of Business cases in London for an initial 6 month contract paying £750 P/D (Inside IR35)
Your new role
NHS Urgent and Emergency Care (UEC) portfolio within the Product Development Directorate is looking for an experienced business case expert to lead on the development of business cases for the DUEC portfolio.
The Digital Urgent and Emergency Care (DUEC) portfolio sits within the Product Development Directorate. The vision is 'Ensuring the best use of Digital Technology in Urgent and Emergency Care, to allow patients get the right help in the right place at the right time'
What you'll need to succeed
Proven expertise in the end to end development of several business cases for health-related information and communications technology investments that comply with the standard for Her Majesty's Treasury 5-case model approach.
* Ability to understand complex national scale information and communications technology investment in the broad health and social care arena and to advise the Delivery Director on the approach to business cases considering current national policy and strategy for information and communications technology and health.
* Ability to design methods and develop cost and benefits forecasts, taking all variables into account, across the economy as whole.
* Ability to facilitate the identification of risks and benefits, including quantification for incorporation into an econometric model and supporting documents.
* Ability to identify relevant risks at the programme level and incorporate into the business case and supporting documents.
* Working with senior external approvers and internal programme leads to address issues, provide advice and secure timely approval of business cases. Business cases will be scrutinised by policy, commercial, legal and financial experts as part of the approvals process.
* Understanding of the modified emergent approach to business cases to support Agile development approaches to delivering services and to conform to the government ICT strategy and preferred commercial approaches.
* Understanding of funding arrangements and accounting principles for national ICT investments and the knowledge to build the complex financial models correctly prior to detailed scrutiny by Accountants and Finance Business Partners.
* The ability to contribute immediately to further developing the work of in-progress Business Cases to maintain momentum with their development.
* An excellent understanding of the current Health information and communications technology initiatives and the wider NHS information technology context within which they sit.
* Experience with and understanding of complex informatics modelling tools and the templates used to develop associated investment cases.
* Up to date knowledge of Her Majesty's Treasury and Cabinet Office requirements around business cases, justification for information and communications technology expenditure and Government's Major Projects Portfolio reporting.
* Ability to support the programme in preparation for Gateway review and to participate in Gateway review and other assurance activity as required.
* Good project management skills - significant experience in delivering finished products (business cases) to high standard
Key tasks and deliverables
Some of the associated key results areas will be as follows:
* To bring and use subject matter expertise on business case development, particularly within the NHS and in national health and social care sector information technology investments
* To develop and author the required business cases for submission to the internal and external approvals processes, engaging with and consolidating stakeholder positions on scope, approach and content
* To support the review and approvals process, resulting in cases being endorsed by, for example, business case subject matter experts; individual Programme Boards; NHS assurance boards; and submission to relevant external bodies including NHSX, NHS England, Department of Health Group Finance & Investment Approvals, Ministers, Her Majesty's Treasury and Cabinet Office as required
* To bolster and support the development of internal capability to enable handover of activity and transition when sufficient capacity is in place.
* To build strong and effective communications and working relationships, including:
* The role will require attendance at meetings, and engagement with internal and external stakeholders, in both Leeds and London.
What you'll get in return
You will get to work with a leading NHS body paying up to £750 P/D (Inside IR35)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job has now expired