As a world leader in the conversion of non-recyclable "End-of-Life" plastics waste into high grade oils, Plastic Energy’s engineering department is expanding in order to meet the intense interest in our unique technology and the demands of our growing business. Our company currently has offices in the UK and Spain and operates two commercial processing plants. As world-wide environmental regulation increases and attitudes are changing towards the value of waste, we are looking for a technically-minded engineer to join our London team, reporting to the EC&I Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support senior automation engineers in designing control systems as well as coding of PLC and SCADA
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures
- Learn to develop engineering documentation: FDS, drawings for Panels, I/O, MCC, Networks, etc
- Be trained to be an automation engineering expert in the company’s technology
- Assist in the continued technical development and roll-out of the technology on a global scale
- Develop and review engineering and project documentation
- Have strong capability on troubleshooting
- Give support to commissioning and operations team remotely and on-site
- Be able to produce automation and software documentation from scratch
- Have good communication skills to transmit knowledge and to train new operators
- Ensure tracking of automation changes on-site, and that documentation is kept updated constantly
- Be organised and well-structured with regards to programming and documenting.
- A degree-level qualification in automation or electrical engineering or equivalent
- Experience of PLC programming (0 to 3 years)
- Enthusiasm and aptitude to be part of a growing team
- The ability to progress with several different tasks simultaneously and deliver to schedule
- Excellent maths and IT skills
- An effective communicator with an excellent standard of oral and written English
- Sense of adventure, drive and a self-motivator
- Background and/or interest in alternative energy technology
- Ability to travel if required.
- Knowledge of Siemens PCS 7 programming V8.0 or later versions
- Knowledge of Siemens WinCC coding and configuration
- Knowledge of Siemens TIA portal programming V12 or later
- Knowledge of control loops design, coding and setup
- Full clean EU driving license.
- Salary £24,000 - £31,000 per annum depending upon experience
- 25 days holiday per year
- Private healthcare.
We are keen to fill this role as soon as possible, and we will review applications as they come in. Whilst an immediate start would be ideal, we are happy to wait for the right candidate who may have a notice period.
Interviews will be held at our London office.
Posted 7 hours ago