Working hours: 35.5 hours per week
- Lead global and geographic sourcing plans and execution.
- Lead global and geographic supplier management and drive geographic continuous improvement initiatives with suppliers
- Ensure the category sourcing and contract(s) meet the business requirements through the execution of the strategic sourcing process.
- Apply global standards, policies, standards and platforms and to deliver robust terms and conditions that manages BAT’s service delivery and commercial risk.
- Drive and facilitate “source to contract” for specific categories. This includes the resolution of any contracts related issues and may include one-off spend items.
- Ensure contracts are completed for all relevant agreements and that SLAs have been agreed with the relevant business owner.
- Manage negotiation and supplier selection within the framework of the category strategies and sourcing strategies.
- Capture and report on compliance using the agreed compliance platform and escalate through relevant route
- Provide forecasts on prices and market changes as an input into planning where appropriate.
- Provide information on negotiation results in a timely manner to the Category Managers.
- Own commercial supply base management building strong internal and external business relationships to ensure the delivery of the category goals.
- Facilitate the creation of supplier SLAs and performance check-points.
- Identify new products and services that may impact on sourcing execution and escalate to the Category Manager.
- Review and update sourcing plans on a periodic basis.
- Effectively utilise the basket of e-tools available to leverage the maximum savings delivery for each sourcing event.
- Have clear ownership of the shared savings target agreed with function, for both P&L and Working Capital savings and the individual responsibility to directly contribute and/or influence PBMs and sourcing managers, to maximize delivery to overall category targets.
- Align and influence both procurement and functional teams at a global and local level.
- Significantly contribute and lead transformational projects prior to commercialization opportunities.
- Deliver effective sourcing governance, where delegated by the category manager, in compliance with the required robust standards.
- Bachelor Degree from Business Administration
- Multinational FMCG and FTSE-100 experience
- Direct Procurement experience
- Experience of sourcing from Asia based suppliers
- Detailed knowledge of supply market, supplier capabilities and competitor activity, and expected trends at a geographic / global level
- Proven capability of applying supplier management techniques to deliver added value benefits in addition to contracted benefits.
- Experience in successful development of complex, multi-country contracts and agreements and of managing large scale (>£50mn spend), cross-country projects and programs.
- Detailed understanding of financial evaluation and interpretation of supplier’s records and their key cost and business drivers.
- Full understanding of the directs category total cost model, cost drivers and all factors needed to ensure a robust agreement for BAT (including specification and testing requirements).
- Logistics experience either gained working within the function and/or as specialist logistics lead within procurement.
- Understanding of the processes, timelines and constraints for the development and delivery of new products.
- Experience in managing above market projects and programmes to improve performance and deliver service.
- Professional knowledge of procurement principals, including high order negotiation skills, e-sourcing tools and e-auctions.
- Sound knowledge of corporate regulations and legislation to ensure the creation of effective group contracts.
- Experience of sourcing at an above market / geographic level.
- Understands the dynamics of sourcing management at a global level.
- High level of commercial awareness.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven negotiation skills and influencing skills: able to influence business partners and suppliers as well as the ability to be assertive if required to ensure compliance to contract.
- Strong numerical ability.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships working across geographic boundaries.
- A focus on service delivery and savings.
- Strong capability demonstrated in the areas of governance, compliance and control.
- Ability to demonstrate and engender collaborative behaviours both internally and externally.
Please note that only the selected applicants will be contacted further.
Role closing date:
This job was originally posted as
1 month ago