Here at FutureLearn, our purpose is to transform access to education. We do that by partnering with over a quarter of the world’s top universities to support over 10 million learners across the globe to develop skills and achieve their personal and professional goals. We’re a leading social learning platform founded in December 2012 by The Open University and are now jointly owned by The Open University and The SEEK Group. We use design, technology and partnerships to create enjoyable, credible and flexible short online courses and microcredentials, as well as undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. In addition to top universities, we also partner with leading organisations such as Accenture, the British Council, CIPD, Raspberry Pi and Health Education England (HEE), as well as being involved in government-backed initiatives to address skills gaps such as The Institute of Coding and the National Centre for Computing Education.
ABOUT THE ROLEThe role of Global Business and Digital Lead is to ensure that FutureLearn's content portfolio (short courses, microcredentials and degrees) is optimally conceived, organised and designed to meet market demand and maximise market opportunities through curation of existing inventory, strategic partner account growth, and use of commissioning to fill gaps and meet opportunities. The role also recognises the strategic importance of our content portfolio as a foundation for commercial growth.
You will work in close collaboration with the Content & Partnerships team and be instrumental in driving successful partnerships that deliver against revenue targets and business objectives. The candidate should have a deep knowledge of business and digital skills and how to fill the skill gap. This role aligns to the new business development team and is revenue driven.
- Set and maintain the strategic direction, target composition and commercial forecast for a market-leading, commercially sustainable offer within designated content vertical
- Identify and deliver on strategically important high level initiatives that positively impact across the portfolio area
- Maximise commercial returns from the portfolio through a combinations of:
- Curating the existing range of content to maximise traffic, quality and revenue (e.g. informing scheduling, designing pathways, identifying dormant content and managing partners to optimise existing content)
- Commissioning new content development to fill gaps and capitalise on market opportunities
- Building relationships, networks and Subject Boards to bring in external insights, establish thought leadership and generate new content opportunities.
- Growing partner relationships by supporting partner account and recruitment planning (with the partnerships team) to ensure effective management of key suppliers
- Direct Courses & Learning teams to ensure that commissioned content meets specified goals
- Provide creative, inspiring leadership and clear direction based on sector / subject matter expertise
- Collaborate with the rest of the Content & Partnerships Team to learn and share insights
Key metrics / targets to drive:
- Revenue: B2C revenues on relevant short courses, microcredentials & degrees
- Audience: traffic/enrolments for relevant short course, microcredential, degree portfolio
- Industry engagement: partnerships / endorsement / b2b relationships in relevant sectors
- Commissioning ROI: above metrics vs spend on commissioned short courses, microcredentials & degrees
- Knowledge of business and digital skills and where the best in class sources of content are
- Knowledge of Higher Education and Industry bodies, as well as of thought leaders in this space
- Makes structured decisions based on both quantitative (internal) and qualitative (external) information
- Experience of setting direction and communicating this clearly and creatively
- High level of commercial acumen, numeracy & analysis
- Collaborative approach and able to build strong working relationships and networks (internally and externally)
- Problem solving and negotiation - thinks laterally and creatively, seeks win-win solutions for FL and partners
- An understanding and dedication to quality from a learning experience, editorial and production perspective
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday).
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday.
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season Ticket loan.
- Flexible working environment/hours.
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution).
- OU Staff Fee Course Waiver Programme.
- Great coffee, teas, fruit and daily breakfast.
Please submit a CV and cover letter. On your cover letter please clearly explain how you meet the essential skills and experience criteria mentioned in the requirements specification section of the job description . This will help us determine your fit for the role and increase your application's chances of success.
RECRUITMENT PROCESSPlease contact if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
The closing date for this role will be midnight, Monday 24th February 2020.
DIVERSITY STATEMENTWe value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender assignment, age, pregnancy, maternity and paternity status, or disability status, marital and civil partnership status.
Posted 1 week ago