Cygnet Hospital Godden Green operates an integrated Tier 4 Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) with a DfE registered school, the Knole Development Centre. Our specialist pathway offers an open acute admissions service (Knole Ward), and a pre-discharge wing (Littleoaks) to allow for a smooth transition for patients returning home to their families. The hospital also operates a low secure service for men which is run in a joint working arrangement with Kent and Medway Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
To provide systemic, family therapy mental health assessments and evidence based interventions to children, young people and their families. Assuring the quality of clinical practice within CAMHS.
Service and the team:
1) Managing day to day clinical risks and clinically advises the team on courses of action.
2) Ensuring all recording and reporting of client contact is accurate, up to date and of good quality and within CAMHS & professional requirement for standards of record keeping.
3) Ensure that the team is a good quality learning environment for CAMHS trainees, oversee trainee placements and offering supervision and mentorship as appropriate
4) Ensure that the staff and service takes account of service user views and is respectful of diversity.
5) Remain up to date with changing practices and wherever possible make full use of all training and educational facilities.
6) Contribute to ensuring that any legislation and statutory requirements are complied with and implemented throughout the team.
1. To provide systemic & family therapy assessments/treatment services to children, young people and their families/carers and undertake couple/marital/family therapy for inpatients and day patients, where appropriate in other areas of the hospital.
2. To maintain and develop further collaborative and effective working links including clear lines of communication with education and with other professional agencies (Social Services, Primary Care, CAMHS and Voluntary Sector). Provide specialist advice and support where appropriate.
3. To provide training, consultation and liaison on mental health issues to team members, teachers, school nurses, support workers and other staff working in schools as well as in other agencies and the voluntary sector
4. To attend case conferences, team meetings, clinical meetings and supervision groups as appropriate.
5. To follow clinical policies and protocols as they are developed within Cygnet Hospital Godden Green /CAMHS units and deliver a service from evidence based practice.
Professional conduct/Training & Research
1. Maintain and ensure good professional standards and attitudes towards the care and treatment of service users.
2. Work in accordance and within the principles/guidelines of all aspects of clinical governance.
3. Work with other to undertake and promote research based practice.
4. Maintain professional membership registration in accordance with Professional Code of Practice. Participate in performance review process.
5. Maintain professional conduct on daily basic in accordance with the relevant professional Code of Conduct and Cygnet’s Values.
6. Ensure attendance all Mandatory & Statutory - training sessions – BLS, Fire, PMVA, Infection Control, Moving & Handling & Risk Assessment / Management Training etc.
7. Be prepared to undertake additional training which will lead to an improved ability to meet the educational demands of the clinical and multidisciplinary team at the Hospital.
8. Undertake research where necessary if necessary.
This job was originally posted as
2 weeks ago