Cygnet Hospital Bury provides a wide range of inpatient mental health services for men and women including specialist deaf services and CAMHS provision for adolescents. Security levels range between medium secure to rehabilitation services.
Service and the team:
1) Managing day to day clinical risks and clinically advises the team on courses of action.
2) Ensuring all recording and reporting of client contact is accurate, up to date and of good quality and within CAMHS & professional requirement for standards of record keeping.
3) Ensure that the team is a good quality learning environment for CAMHS trainees, oversee trainee placements and offering supervision and mentorship as appropriate
4) Ensure that the staff and service takes account of service user views and is respectful of diversity.
5) Remain up to date with changing practices and wherever possible make full use of all training and educational facilities.
6) Contribute to ensuring that any legislation and statutory requirements are complied with and implemented throughout the team.
1. To provide systemic and family therapy assessments/treatment services to children, young people and their families/carers and undertake couple/marital/family therapy for inpatients and day patients, where appropriate in other areas of the hospital.
2. To maintain and develop further collaborative and effective working links including clear lines of communication with education and with other professional agencies (Social Services, Primary Care, CAMHS and Voluntary Sector). Provide specialist advice and support where appropriate.
3. To provide training, consultation and liaison on mental health issues to team members, teachers, school nurses, support workers and other staff working in schools as well as in other agencies and the voluntary sector
4. To attend case conferences, team meetings, clinical meetings and supervision groups as appropriate.
5. To follow clinical policies and protocols as they are developed within Cygnet Hospital Bury /CAMHS units and deliver a service from evidence based practice.
6. To engage and contribute in clinical governance and in regular audits of the service.
7. To maintain high standards and quality of professional practice by: Regular supervision of cases, maintaining accurate records of clinical activity and keeping up to date with current literature and research. Undertake and promote research based practices and use that knowledge in your everyday practice, sharing it with others and the team.
8. To arrange and attend Family Therapy meetings and workshops within Cygnet Hospital Bury and to contribute to the development of the multidisciplinary team within Cygnet Health Care.
9. To ensure that all duties are carried out in line with the Cygnet’s Equal Opportunities Policy. In order to ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, sex, colour, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or disability or is placed at a disadvantage by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justified.
10. To promote evidence based systematic practice including audit of own practice.
11. To carry out other duties commensurate with the position in discussion with the Clinical Manager or Hospital Manager.
If you feel you have the relevant experience and desire to make a difference we want to hear from you, please click the 'Apply' buttton now
Posted 2 weeks ago