Estates Surveyor-Bolton Based
Your new company
You will be working for a leading Contractor who are working for a client managing their estate. You will be based in Bolton working for one of the UK's largest family owned construction, infrastructure and support service businesses. You will be joining a small but dedicated team who are committed to further developing and delivering a professional Estates and Asset Management Service to the single client.
Your new role
You will be a key part of the team delivering a professional Estates and Asset Management Service to the single client. You will be reporting to the Contract Director the post-holder will be client-facing and expected to deputise for the Contract Director as required. The team are engaged in delivering specialist Corporate Real Estate and Asset Management services to a property portfolio comprising over 3,000 operational and investment assets. Service delivery is on a single client portfolio. This involves the provision of day-to-day estates management and transactional services, the management of property account services and the management of specialist sub-contractors or business partners that assist with the delivery of some transactional services such as rent reviews, lease renewals, disposals, valuations and other transactions. Therefore, they require a qualified surveyor to be the manager for the Estates Team and to be the resident subject matter expert for the wider management team. The role is responsible for the management of a team of 2 qualified surveyors together with 4 additional support staff.
The following key duties will be involved:
- Management of the Team
- Effective management of the leasing and disposal of property assets on behalf of our client.
- Liaison with all stakeholders associated with the estate
- Manage high profile cases
- General property/ Estate Management duties
- Alignment of service delivery with client's business and real estate strategies
- Providing best value solutions, including business cases
- Management of client's property portfolio
- Management of specialist external consultants
- Delivery of integrated real estate services meeting KPIs and exceeding customer expectations.
You will also be required to: Assist in minimising the cost of the client's portfolio in the areas of delegated responsibility such as:
- To drive the changes required to improve the service to the client
- Responsibility for payment of rent, service charges, insurance and other outgoings
- Negotiating with Landlords and agents to secure the most beneficial terms and cost savings
- Effective management of vacant and underutilised space
Assist in maximising the client's portfolio income in:
- Income collection
- Innovation to create income streams
Proactive approach to client relationship management and sharing of information:
- Customer relationship development, customer reporting and ownership of customer satisfaction
- Account managing to ensure joined-up seamless service across teams and sub- contractor and/or business partner teams
Proactive approach to team working and sharing of information:
- Regular liaison with landlords, tenants, agents and solicitors
- Working with FM colleagues to deliver integrated facilities management and real estate services
- Regular Liaison with other teams, with subcontractors and business partners
What you'll need to succeed
Key to success is meeting client objectives, managing client and client relationships, ensuring that processes are adhered to and improved using technology to support and ensuring that service delivery is to the highest possible standards, delivered on time and in a customer focused way. The client has several high-profile projects underway and the post-holder will be involved in seeing those through to a successful conclusion within a strict time-scale. You will need:
- A full understanding of the Corporate Real Estate property management business.
- MRICS qualified with Estate Management or other relevant University degree.
- Track record of involvement with property disposals, acquisitions for investment or occupier and Property Asset Management.
- An understanding of: lease management; Landlord and Tenant law; Key lease event management;
- Knowledge of property management software or similar would be an advantage;
- The ability to handle large and varied workload; customer facing skills; excellent reporting skills.
- Well established team-working skills.
What you'll get in return
You will be joining the company at an exciting time. You will have a salary of £50,000 per annum plus a car allowance of £530 PCM. You will have 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, pension contribution and mileage.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job has now expired