Hayes - £25k
I have a new role working in the Film & TV studios industry, cracking job I am sure would be a great step moving forward,..let me know if you would like to be considered.
The role of Junior Electronics Engineering Technician will see you work jointly across our engineering & operations teams.
We're looking for a smart candidate who doesn't necessarily have film based technical experience but who has a passion for electronics and engineering, is good with technology and finds it easy to learn how to use new technical equipment. You will be working with our senior engineers, supporting them to develop this exciting part of our business.
Working from head office facility in Hayes Middlesex the right candidate will be process driven with a good degree of flexibility, initiative and common sense. Will be a team player with a positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
The role will be split, partly working under our senior engineer building and fixing video, audio equipment, and cables and components used on film sets. Continuous training will be provided but having good tool skills and being able to solder will be helpful. The rest of the time the successful candidate will work with our operations team, supporting our rental equipment and storage clients. They will be an integral part of the rental process, preparing and testing equipment, managing client requests and providing technical support. This will also involve prepping, testing and checking in/out of our rental equipment, and occasional driving duties delivering and collecting equipment to and from film studios and rental houses.
* Cable assembly and soldering - training provided
* Cleaning, maintenance & manufacture of technical equipment.
* PAT testing - training course provided
* Forklift duties - training course provided
* Receiving and processing new products - asset listing and uploading information onto our dedicated asset management system.
* Assembly and testing of hire equipment.
* Delivery and collection of equipment to and from film studios. This could occasionally involve early starts/ late finishes and occasional weekends.
* Goods In - receiving deliveries/post and processing related paperwork, checking technical equipment is in good working order.
* Shipping goods - preparing goods for shipping and booking shipments
* Interest in electronics and or technical equipment
* Attention to detail with a focus on accuracy
* Clean driving licence, 22+ years old for insurance
* Physically active – moving and handling of heavy equipment is required
* Common sense - ability to work unsupervised
* Conscientious and positive attitude with the ability to work under pressure.
* Flexibility – the company priorities often change unexpectedly, and you will need to be able to change duties at short notice.
* Discretion - working in sensitive areas of film production
* Computer literate - competent with MS Office - Excel, Word and Apple with ability to learn new programs quickly
Desirable but not essential:
* Higher education in electronics engineering
* Background in electronics assembly and soldering
* 45 hours per week
* Hours of Business - 8am to 6pm with flexibility to work outside of these hours if required.
* Monday to Friday – some weekend hours may be required
* Holiday 28 days per year including bank holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year
Posted 1 week ago