Salary: £26,796.84 - £38,968.86 per annum DOE
Start Date: January 2020
Full Time, Fixed Term until June 2020
Bellerbys Brighton is a co-educational international college which specialises in providing a high quality British Education for predominantly international students from over 60 different countries around the world and preparing them for university. Our highly motivated students benefit from our state of the art facilities and small class sizes within a unique and vibrant educational environment.
Bellerbys College is owned by Study Group, a global educational organisation which prepares students for life in a global society and success in the world economy.
We are now seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Economics and Politics Teacher, teaching GCSE, A Level and on our own Foundation course. Reporting to the Head of the Business Faculty, the Teacher of Economics and Politics would work alongside other members of the Business Department.
A willingness to contribute to our extensive enrichment programme would be essential and teaching qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Write appropriately stimulating and challenging Schemes of Work for Economics or Politics
- Effective delivery of courses
- Ensuring students' notes are appropriate and well-organised
- Marking student work and returning within agreed deadlines
- Marking exams and/or coursework and accurately recording
- Furnish detailed comments for UCAS applications when requested
- Liaising with the Head of Faculty, Programme Manager & Exams Officer as appropriate to make exam entries for students taught
- Writing academic reports as required
- Using educational technology in teaching, including interactive whiteboard with StudySmart
- Ensure students have appropriate textbooks, liaising with Head of the Business Faculty as necessary
- Ensure a punctual start and finish of classes
- Set a good example to students in terms of appropriate dress, standards of punctuality and attendance
- Demonstrate a high level of motivation and enthusiasm for teaching
- Attend regular Faculty and staff meetings, and events
- Be proactive in taking responsibility for matters relating to health & safety
- Undertake professional duties that may be reasonable assigned (eg cover, invigilation etc.)
- Good first degree in Economics or Politics is desirable but not essential.
- Teaching qualification desirable but not essential
- Experience of teaching Business is essential
- Competitive salary
- Subsidised lunch
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Job has now expired